Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - EARLY headlight assy's

WTB - EARLY headlight assy's

'65 - '68

Excellent condition. Need to be complete minus bulb and glass.

Thanks,

Stu
    sezme@aol.com

These are what I am looking for....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, not to hijack your thread but,
    do these lenses fit the currently available H-4 assemblies??
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Sorry, not to hijack your thread but,
    do these lenses fit the currently available H-4 assemblies??
    Rico, PMed you.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I have a stack of NOS lenses as in the pix (SB19-SB20-SB21) - if they fit H1's or H4's I'd love to know.....

Quote Originally Posted by sezme View Post
    I have a stack of NOS lenses as in the pix (SB19-SB20-SB21) - if they fit H1's or H4's I'd love to know.....
    99% sure they all physically fit. Optically, you will have to try them out as the dispersion patterns can get tricky. I'd guess the early type Euro fluted lenses would work fine on H4s, since these are all single bulb assemblies. The H1 lenses would not be a good fit optically on H4s due to being H1s being dual bulb.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

But - - can you just substitute a sealed beam and not use the single or twin bulb setup?

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    99% sure they all physically fit. Optically, you will have to try them out as the dispersion patterns can get tricky. I'd guess the early type Euro fluted lenses would work fine on H4s, since these are all single bulb assemblies. The H1 lenses would not be a good fit optically on H4s due to being H1s being dual bulb.

Based on two versions of a lens that I've cross fit, I can assume the sb 19-20-21's will fit into the later h-4 or h-1's.

I've fit the early Euro Bosch and Euro Hella glass from the 356 assemblies (tungsten type) into a later 911 h-4 to achieve the same look as the early 911 type euro assemblies (also tungsten type).

E

Stuart, I went part of the way toward Marchals, and then changed plans. Not a bad way to go, if you have not considered it, as stuff is perhaps more easily available for that route.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Lots of options - now I just need a set of the early buckets and bezels.

I have LOTS of glass. and some reaaly cool sealed vintage beam Marchals. I may have some biodes on the way as well.

Stu