Thread: Early parts what are they worth?

Early parts what are they worth?

All -

I feel bad having this for a first post.

I have some early engine parts I need to sell, I have been hauling them around for almost 20 years waiting for that next early 911. I don't have a clue as to what this stuff is worth. Being somewhat of a car sap, I would prefer that this goes to an enthusiast rather than someone trying to flip it for a couple of bucks. That said I thought post what I have hear and ask about the value. I have described condition to the best of my recollection. I may or may not have the tools to check anything asked to double check.

69 2.0L E case - Type 901/09, #25896 case halves market 901.101.101.R1 and R2

69 heads marked 3-69 K1819d and 901.104.306.R2

2.0L counterweighted crankshaft. I remember that this crank was magnaflux, turned, balanced and polished prior to being put away. I will try and mic it, what should a stock crank measure?

2.0L Rods - Magnafluxed, peened, and new brass bushings installed... I don't recall if the bolts and studs are new.

The list goes on, basically I have an early 69 E engine w/o the barrels and pistons. Parts are in plastic bins and boxes around my garage. (Now wish I never sold the new 2.0S Mahles I was going to use for my rebuild until I decided to sell them to my dads friend)... Anyway is there a market for these pieces and what are they worth? I also have a set 4 16x6 fuch alloys that I want to get rid of including center cap, lugs and locks. Oh yeah, new "turbo tie rod ends" and a bag of valve cover and oil sump gaskets.

I can take pictures of all of this, but would also like to clean the stuff up first what is the best way to clean the parts and sell these parts. Should I take them somewhere and have them hot tanked?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Andre

Restoration newbie.
    Search on pelican for recent asking prices. 66mm cranks go for
    $500 - $1000. If you have the MFI that's worth real $$$ as well.
    The case is an early magnesium case, not worth a whole lot
    without the car that it belongs to.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by floatinghat View Post
    69 2.0L E case - Type 901/09, #25896
    Andre, what is the serial # for that case; the # is on the fan support in front of the other two numbers? It sure is a very late 2.0 case.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Dave,

I will look around it again. I don't recall seeing any other numbers anywhere close to those numbers.

I went back after searching, saw the location in your thread. 901/09 25896 *6292157*

If it is very late that adds to the value right