Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - Michelin TB15

WTB - Michelin TB15

Help! I need ONE (but will buy a pair if you have them)

23/62-15 Michelin TB15

Stu

Stu:

Have you tried Coker Tire? I talked with one of their reps at the Barrett Jackson event this year and he said they ordered them in small quantities, so maybe they are out of that size for now. But they will be getting more in I think. Maybe one of our fellow Board Members could source one in the UK or Europe and ship it over. I have heard that some guys have bought a whole set this way and it was cheaper than buying from Coker.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib,

Coker is out..... Thats why I need just one. I was able to get the fronts - and got the last rear in their inventory. I've contacted Longstone Tire in GB - but they are out as well.

Stu

First, apologies to Gib for not coming back to him ages ago about these tyres in the UK, but there was a legal question about supplying these tyres to the US because they do not have a DOT mark.

As Stu said above it's Longstone are the suppliers and I've just chased Dougal there again and he is checking this afternoon exactly what the situation is.

There web-site with prices is:

http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/Special_Offer.php

and unbelievably if you order them on line there is no shipping charge to the US. They have in stock the sizes I run for the 9's and 11's which are:
    215 55 x15
    295 40 x15
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Mike:

Apology accepted..but you can buy me a beer when you visit.

There are no large width (25" or so diameter) DOT approved tires for street use available in the US currently. Hoosier TDs (bias ply) look like a street tire somewhat with a few groves for treads, but they are not DOT. Some Hoosier race tires are DOT approved, but they make huge disclaimers that they are not for use as street tires, only for track use.

The Dunlop 245/50s are no longer available, so we are left with not very good choices...except the TB 15s.

I have just sent an email to Longstone...their 'deal on Michelin' tires that says carriage is free has a disclaimer at the end that says (except North America). Don't know if they will waive that exception, but have asked in the email.

I will be interested in what exchange rate they use also in pricing them.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Longstone confirmed to me that they will ship to the States for free but they do not have that smaller rear the 23/62 x15 in stock and no date for a new batch.
    They also pointed out that there is a price rise expected early next week which could be a lot as it's from Michelin France and will be Euro based, which is bad news against the pound.

Gib, beers most definitely on me........!
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

I sent them an email earlier today. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cosley View Post

I don't care about shipping and have no interest in a DOT tire. This set will be used for show, not go. Right now, I have an incomplete set of 3 new tires and need my fourth! At this point, I'd pay "stoopid money" for the 23/62-15 (270/45 R 15)

S

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Mike:

Apology accepted..but you can buy me a beer when you visit.

There are no large width (25" or so diameter) DOT approved tires for street use available in the US currently. Hoosier TDs (bias ply) look like a street tire somewhat with a few groves for treads, but they are not DOT. Some Hoosier race tires are DOT approved, but they make huge disclaimers that they are not for use as street tires, only for track use.

The Dunlop 245/50s are no longer available, so we are left with not very good choices...except the TB 15s.

I have just sent an email to Longstone...their 'deal on Michelin' tires that says carriage is free has a disclaimer at the end that says (except North America). Don't know if they will waive that exception, but have asked in the email.

I will be interested in what exchange rate they use also in pricing them.

When I bought my TB15s last year I was told that Michelin does only one run per year of the TB15 and TB5. So, when they're out of stock it could be for quite some time.

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro