Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil thermostat picture please

Oil thermostat picture please

1973 cars that had a oil cooler had a one year only oil thermostat that hung off the bottom of the oil tank. If it is somewhat easy for someone to take a fairly close up picture of it and the hoses leaving it, it would be a good thing for me. Thanks in advance.

Axe and ye shall receive.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

The pic of the white car is RSR #871. It is from Mr. Serrano's website.
    The other 2 are of a t stat I sold.
    Hope this helps.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Rs 3.0l......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

John, Rick, and Aaron, Thanks.
    Does anyone have a spare bracket that goes from the thermostat housing to the oil tank? The union nut that connects the stat to the oil tank is still available from Porsche @ $35.00. Resonable. What a tender set up. The stat is mounted in a very low spot, no place for a rally car.
    Also, as far as the correct oil lines for a 73 car, (the steel ones that run under the rockers), the only one available is the rear one, (911 207 044 01) @ $682 ! The outer one is NLA. Anyone have a mint one for sale?

Rick,

Do you mean the outer steel line? Dave B. @ Road & Race has this on eBay. I had to replace a crushed line on my RS and bought one of these from Dave. The only difference I could see is the bends in the lines are made differently on these new lines but under the car it is impossible to tell this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...mZ220327188807
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I think those are 911SC lines. Does the one you bought have the right bends to go around the jack point? If the lines are bent differant, then why can't you tell by looking under the car?

Talking

Rick, just use lots of undercoating!

(I'm kidding, I know it has to be dead-nuts correct.)

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Here are a few pictures of my thermostat from my 73S. I have more and can email them if you want, the pic are better if they are not resized down...

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    I think those are 911SC lines. Does the one you bought have the right bends to go around the jack point? If the lines are bent differant, then why can't you tell by looking under the car?
    Rick,

I replaced the hard feed line with the step down for the jack point which is 911 207 043 01 with a NOS line I bought from Dave. Here is my original line.

I don't think I was clear in my first post up the page. The step down bends and curves of the NOS line I bought from Dave are the same dimensions as the originals. The difference was the method used to make the curved bends. The metal surface on the curves of the original line is smooth, but the NOS line (probably made by a different manufacturer in the 80's or 90's) has multiple, narrow, flat surfaces that run the length of the tube at the curves. Does that make sense? If not I will give you a call and try to explain it better.

I sent Dave an email find out the part #s for his lines on the eBay auction to make sure they are not SC lines. Stay tuned.......
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299