Thread: Thoroughly Disappointed…

Thoroughly Disappointed…

I was at the Chicago Auto Show premiere charity night this evening for the fourth year in a row and was sorely disappointed that there was no Porsche display. WTF. I had to hear it from the Audi spokeswomen when I questioned her. I guess they stopped after L.A. ?

Everything else seemed bland. GM looked good, Dodge was the same, C63 was nice. I saw Miata #14 and that’s about it.

I took four pictures

Thoroughly Disappointed…
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

The Challenger and Camaro look like design studies for the same car.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

that is why everyone goes to detroit
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Porsche was @ philly's show but w/ nothing more than you could see any Saturday on the lot.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    The Challenger and Camaro look like design studies for the same car.
    Left Brain v. Right Brain...

With a brand new engine family and a brand new car it seems illogical to not be represented on the North America auto show circut. Great way to save money. Hey, U.S. sales are down...lets stop catering to our largest market share.

Don't worry I went to the '09 Chi Auto Show only to see the new Prius anyways...
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    I saw the new Camaro at Daytona on display, at the Rolex 24 this past month, and must say in race trim , it was truly an astounding piece of work. For 135,000 , it appeared to be a trick piece.
    Not too Porsche like in any respect. BUT, it is an American car, in this case an American Race car prepped for American racing. Crowd around it all day long.
    I took pictures , I will admit.

Not as many as of the race winning Brumos Teams or the TRG podium finishers, but the car had my attention and I will look for it in competition when it makes its debut.

Wait, a race prepped Camaro....the Mustang has it's own little sideshow race series....Dodge coming out with some '70s muscle looking stuff...................

How great would it be to spend Sunday afternoon watching a Trans Am race followed up with a Rolex series race. I could dig that big time! Keep them production based with stock suspension p/u points, stock based motors, etc. and i'd love to watch.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

It appears that the Auto Show savings continues; no Panamera;PDK;Spyder...

I will go and take a good look at the FIAT display...

Porsche Auto Show Listing...

Chi Auto MFRs
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    S Reg #1074

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    I thought Porsche skipped Detroit last show? I understand they're cutting back shows. I remember when Chicago was the biggest and a can't miss. My how times have changed.
    Doug
    Currently Between Porsches
    PART OF MY SOUL: '86 911, '76 912E, '06 Cayman S, '90 911 C4, '74 911, '78 911 Targa, '01 Boxster, '70 911T, '99 Boxster (#2), '72 911T, '88 911, '99 Boxster (#1), '84 911 Turbo Look, '73 911 Targa, '88 944

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    Andrew, you must feel like such an idiot! Thank goodness we have such conscientous board members more than willing to show you the error of you ways. I hope you have learned an important lesson. Don't screw up again!
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell