Thread: 67 suspension pan fix

67 suspension pan fix

The saga continues. I finally got the front pan and gas tank support panel from RD (only took a little over 6 months). Got the left and right side lateral support pieces from Stoddard (are these really supposed to fit?). Bought a used front bulkhead for the bottom 2". Now I need the lower front part of the left "wheel housing" panel where it meets the new suspension pan and up a little higher than where the headlight wiring tube attaches(see pic) as mine is swiss cheese. Need about a 15" long piece starting at the front bulkhead Any help would would be appreciated. Sorry for any inappropriate nomenclature.
    Thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patch panel

Good luck finding a drivers side that is not swiss chease. My welder had to fabricate this piece. I would bet your passenger side is fine. Most donor cars I've seen are in the same state because of leaky batteries.

the lateral supports i got from stoddard were terrible vs. the restoration design versions. not even remotely close in fit.

this MIGHT have had something to do with the pan being from RD as well but not sure.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Yup, passenger side is fine. There must be a clean tub that was wrecked in the rear and has a decent left front corner somewhere,no? Its hard to believe that the Stoddard folks dont know that their left side support is such a crappy fit.

Similar Threads

1. Need some help with SWB suspension. . .
    By 304065 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-31-2017, 03:59 PM
  2. 911 S suspension
    By warnerman62 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 04:26 PM
  3. Suspension
    By MrJTP2001 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
  4. 911 SC/RS suspension