Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1968 Porsche 911 Restored with Fast 2.7 RS engine and COLD A/C SoCal

FS: 1968 Porsche 911 Restored with Fast 2.7 RS engine and COLD A/C SoCal

1968 Porsche 911 with 2.7 RS Motor

16,700 Miles on odometer
    Less than 2,000 miles since restoration
    Silver on Wine Interior
    5-speed (901) manual transmission
    Clean and Clear Arizona Title
    No Accidents/Straight body/Rust Free

If you want to enjoy the R Gruppe, this is the way to do it. This is not an over-the-top car that is impossible to enjoy for most normal driving. Instead, this is a very classy fun car to drive that simply performs as an early 911 should. This is not your typical early car that has been hot-rodded with a monster motor and stiff suspension. Rather, this is an elegant execution of what an early car should be like.

Everything was well thought out on this car….from the exquisite paint job to the air-conditioning system. It is easy to tell that someone put a lot of thought into how this car should be built. The car drives beautifully and is very light and nimble. But, when you push down on the throttle, the 210hp 2.7 RS motor simply comes to life and the fun really begins.

However, if you don’t push the throttle all the way down to the floor, you would mistake this car for a very nice and clean stock car with some great amenities. The owner of this car is a doctor from Arizona and with the intense heat they experience, he wanted an A/C system that REALLY worked…and $7,000 later, he got one. This is hands down the best air conditioning I have ever experienced in an early 911. It really makes those long hot drives sheer pleasure.

When you really start looking at the details, you begin to see why this car cost nearly $60,000 to restore. Everything has been rebuilt from top to bottom. Plus, the car now wears an absolutely stunning silver paint. It is really one of the best silver paint jobs I’ve seen on a car. Not too much metal flake…a bit more flat…just right!

A complete interior by Autos International was installed. Check out the photos to see the beautiful craftsmanship on the door panels and rear side panels. (The photos make the interior look like lipstick red but it is really a darker wine color instead)

This car will not disappoint the enthusiast. Why spend thousands more as well as hundreds of hours of frustration to build your own when this freshly done example is begging to be driven.

The car comes complete with original owner’s manual, tool kit, jack, and keys

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-335-4911 or paul@autokennel.com

For tons of pictures, either cut and paste the following URL into your browser, or click here: http://www.AutoKennel.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul-HB; 12-18-2023 at 05:35 PM.

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Great car Paul. What more could you ask for than an SWB with a "peppy" engine
    Best of luck with sale.
    Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thanks Karl. I agree. When we had it at the Swap meet....lots of people were oogling over it. And, they all said the same thing..."looks way better in person than on the computer..." Of course, after driving it, it is way better behind the wheel

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Gratuitous bump for a great looking car.
    Paul, would you mind providing a close up shot of the temperature gauge. TIA.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Thumbs up

On our short 'drive' from lunch to European Collectables last Sat. I was next to and behind this car … I’ll tell’ya, it sounds and moves even better than it looks.......

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Great car at a great price. Looks so much better in person than it does on the web.The fact it has not sold speaks volumes on the state of the market. You could not build that car for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Needle View Post
    Great car at a great price. Looks so much better in person than it does on the web.The fact it has not sold speaks volumes on the state of the market. You could not build that car for that price.
    You couldn't build any of the cars that Kennel, or anyone else has for sale right now for the prices offered. I haven't seen resto rates coming down, has anyone else?

regards,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I haven't seen resto rates coming down, has anyone else?

regards,
    Eric
    Not yet but once the work in the pipeline drys I do think there will be some pricing evaluation.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    Not yet but once the work in the pipeline drys I do think there will be some pricing evaluation.
    I still think thats a question mark, and depends on the shop. I just spoke to the owner of one shop, and he's buried worse than he's ever been. He's a friend, and has no reason to BS me. He's just told me that my work is going to take longer than originally quoted due to this....

E

Quote Originally Posted by Needle View Post
    It's true that you couldn't build the car for that price, but historically you want to be the second person to own a restoration.