Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend Coop - his photos

Thank you David and Jim. And great information Nine17, thanks.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

fotos

Mark.....\\

.....thanks for sharing amazing!.....wow. Id buy some of Coops.

Ive collected similiar styled shots over the yrs....(always bought from Dale F.)

Im always amazed at the "safety" equipment, and I use the term "safety" loosely.
    Those F1 cars seem to be in a constant state of drift...amazing

The pics always confirm for me the stylish, handsome, hip crowd it used to be.....

Graham Hill has got to be one of the most stylish hip looking fellows ever.....in any era. What a sense of taste.

And you know Mario was a slickster......look at those side burns and his tie.

MOORE!

Thumbs up

These pics are fantastic...... thanks so much for posting

The gentleman in front of the pit boards gesturing with his hand (probably trying to slow down Rodriguez) looks like Gulf Wyer team manager David Yorke.

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Any plans to do a special Early S Reg Bulletin with Coops pics and stories yet ?
    Sure would love to see that.
    I'd pay extra.

Best;
    John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Thank you again folks. I am so pleased you like these. I can't get a hold of Coop but after further research and confirmation from our own members, it's fairly obvious that the above 917 shots are indeed from Spa on that incredible day May 17, 1970. There are many historic Porsche moments etched in my mind and one of the biggest is the contact between Rodriguez and Siffert in that famous video footage from this race. I still can't believe Coop was there.

It's funny but he doesn't show any interest in creating a book or selling his photos. I don't have a lot more to post ... I know he's got plenty more but getting them from him is another story. I will certainly try.

Next up. A 908 spyder from 1968
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

I could use some help here as I'm not sure if this is a 908 spyder. I think this is from around 1968. Attached under the photo are a couple that I think are the same or at least similar. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Thumbs up

Another GREAT Coop photo Mark ......

I think it's '69 ........

Try this bud:
    http://www.imca-slotracing.com/Porsche908.htm

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Excellent Chuck: It's from the same race at Spa in 1970.

Text for photo:
    FRANCORCHAMPS 1,000-KMS 1970 - Only 2 Porsches 908-02 Flunder were entered at the Belgian endurance race. The International Martini Racing Team #5, entered for Hans-Dieter Dechent and Helmut Marko - probably chassis 019 - finished as 11th. The other Martini entry - probably chassis 005 - for Gιrard Larousse and Rudi Lins finished 9th. PICTURE: Hubin Michel, Championnat du monde 70, Sport-Prototype-GT, Paris/Verviers: Marabout, 1970, p. 88.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

I've exhausted the Porsche photos! Coop is rummaging through his boxes of negatives and prints. Updates when I get them. Please excuse the focus/angle. I did my best to avoid glare.

First: Our own great champion who died this past year, Phil Hill. Fairly certain this is from the 1968 Le Mans race — don't think he drove that year.

Le Mans after dark, 1968

Ferrari - Ferrari 512S at Spa, 1970

I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

That shot of Ickx's eyes looking past the apex in the Ferrari 512 S is priceless! He co-drove that car with Surtees to second in the 1970 Spa 1000 km. Bell and de Fierlant drove the #23 Ecurie Francorchamps 512 S to 8th in the same race.