Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Perspex/polycarbonate windows

HELP! Perspex/polycarbonate windows

The company that I've been waiting on for TWO months has missed another deadline. Great company with great product - but they just can't get the stuff out the door. You can be sure that details will follow if they totally flake.

Who do you use for poly or perspex windows? I need rear glue in, quarter "R" style glue in, door "R" style, and vent with scoops

FWIW, I've put in a call to Hank at GT Racing to see if he will supply windows without his logo installed...

Stu
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Are you reffering to Spektr?
    Thats were I went for all my R glass.
    He was fairly quick and great to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve

Ding, ding, ding! You win the grand prize!

Scott has told me that they "are in the mail" for weeks. He knows my sense of urgency, and as recent as this past Friday (promised delivery this past Monday) and again on Monday (promised delivery yesterday). I've built my car around his glue in windows - so I'm sorta screwed at this point.

I've offered to pay for "expidited service", and overnight shipping but I still don't have them. The first promises began almost two months ago. From what I hear - I'm not the only one....

He loves to talk on the phone - but doesn't live up to his promises... It's a shame; he has great product at a good price.
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by sezme View Post
    Ding, ding, ding! You win the grand prize!

Scott has told me that they "are in the mail" for weeks. He knows my sense of urgency, and as recent as this past Friday (promised delivery this past Monday) and again on Monday (promised delivery yesterday). I've built my car around his glue in windows - so I'm sorta screwed at this point.

I've offered to pay for "expidited service", and overnight shipping but I still don't have them. The first promises began almost two months ago. From what I hear - I'm not the only one....

He loves to talk on the phone - but doesn't live up to his promises... It's a shame; he has great product at a good price.
    Holy cow Stu. I'm sorry you're having this problem. I had pretty much the same issues with Scott. I bought my stuff over a year ago. He forgot my paper work and I've called and emailed probably over 10 times, and guess what? Still nothing from him. He has some kind of serious focusing problem. I've given up on him.
    Mark
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Scott may have just done me a huge favor...

Dave and I have just been in contact with the company that used to build perspex windows for some of the big boys back in-the-day. They still have the forms and are willing to give it a go. Damn... Cross your fingers. This may have just been the best thing that could have happened to me.
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by sezme View Post
    Scott may have just done me a huge favor...

Dave and I have just been in contact with the company that used to build perspex windows for some of the big boys back in-the-day. They still have the forms and are willing to give it a go. Damn... Cross your fingers. This may have just been the best thing that could have happened to XX.
    Everyone!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

While I had my GT in a Historic Display at a Parade someone reached in and broke one of my "Bubble Vents" on my quarter windows. They were original ones.

I called the them for a replacement,and....

I had the same problem. They took forever and when they came they were, well lets just say, I would not put them on they were so bad. So.... I just fixed the one that was messed with.

If someone knows where to find good ones, please let me know.

Thanks,
    John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Damn, are we talking about the same person / company?
    When I ordered my R set a year ago he said they were in stock
    and I received them fairly quickly!
    Maybe he just liked the way I sounded over the phone.

Also, as John, my only quam was with the flimsy bubble vents.
    Steve

Update. While I no longer need his product, Scott still hasn't returned any of my gazillion calls after he insisting I'd have my windows IN MY HANDS on Wed. (today is Friday)
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

They are listed for sale on the TRE site.
    Rob Abbott