Thread: looking for 72S engine number ?

Ready for the Hunaudières manu72S's Avatar

looking for 72S engine number ?

is there a possibility to determine an engine number with a chassis number ? (pm if necessary)

I am looking for it for 911 230 0408.

or if members own a matching numbers car, in this range, could you post them ?

thanks in advance

Regards
    Manu

Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by manu72S View Post
    is there a possibility to determine an engine number with a chassis number ? (pm if necessary)

thanks in advance

Regards
    Manu
    Hi,

I am sure you know that this is an info only from factory
    The engine number should be range between 632 0644 and 632 0817 for the chassis 911 230 0408

Hope this help
    PM or Dial welcome Manu
    Fred
    -------------------
    1970 911 2,2 S Coupé Albert Blau

I briefly owned a 72S restoration project #911 230 0321, I recall it was supposed to have #632 0454 (engine missing)
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

I own 911 230 0518 and the engine number is 632 0633. I have owned the car for 30 years and the engine has not yet been out.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

thanks in advance

Regards
    Manu
    You can always order a (COA) Certificate of Authenticity from the PCA website. Used to be called a Kardex. Typically you will get a confirmation of the engine number, color, interior and options. They don't always record the transmission number.

I've ordered three over the years....some people don't think they are worth it. I've struck out each time on the tranny #s....
    http://www.nbdgraphics.com
    73/83/93 RS clone, 3.6

Ready for the Hunaudières manu72S's Avatar
    thanks to all

It seems that it is impossible to obtain a COA from Porsche US if the car didn't concerned USA or Canada on its first registration.

It seems that it is impossible to obtain a COA from Porsche US if the car didn't concerned USA or Canada on its first registration.
    I have a full Euro-spec car, reputedly Austrian-delivered originally, that has a C-o-A from Porsche. The vehicle has been in this country for at least 30 years.

If you're having trouble getting a CoA from Porsche, I'd suggest you contact PCA and have someone there help you. PM me if you need any help.

Good luck.

We Can Be Heroes

having trouble getting a COA...

Or go to the Parade. They were running numbers last year but the caveat was you could "look" but no print-outs. These were the real Kardex files.
    On special order cars the customers name appears on the "real Kardex". My understanding is that they don't let these out because of security and legal reasons. I garnered that someone may have sued Porsche over the fact that the (current) owner of a car found the original owner.
    At the Charlotte parade I peered over the shoulder of a gentleman I know who was inquiring about his own car. It came up and there was his name on the Kardex at which point the attendant (knowing who he was) exclaimed "there is your name!" in English with a German accent. It was a setup because he had a copy from years ago and knew it was there. We did a few more from cars which he could spout off the serial numbers from memory.

I'd take a paper trail over a COA any day of the week. But, if I can get a Kardex I'm really happy.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

You used to be able to get direct copies of the KARDEX. No more....privacy rules and such. I was able to get a COA on a euro delivery car.
    http://www.nbdgraphics.com
    73/83/93 RS clone, 3.6