Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cayman S vs. 996 GT3

Not to be unsupportive of economic stimulus, but once inflation starts, won't depreciation concerns be out the window? I have been very actively shopping for a Cayman S, and retail independent European used car dealer asking price in Portland is $32,500, with 39k miles, and a 14K mile example with a Porsche Certified Warranty at the Boise, Idaho dealer is $40.9K asking price. You might be past the point where it is a good idea to trade the Cayman S, unless you have a specific good opportunity, in which case I say take it.
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow

2 lifts + 2 car garage = 4 Porsches

I'm strongly considering a 996 TT or GT3...probably a Twin Turbo as I live up at 7000 ft elev & above. These cars are terrific bargains right now.
    There is really no equal comparison between these cars & a Cayman...get the 911 !
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

The GT3 is superior in every way shape or form, go drive them both back to back.
    Luis F.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver21 View Post
    I would love to have both, but with a 2-car garage, a Cayman, 71 911 and a desire to acquire another early 911 (SWB) (and not sure where I am going to put that one yet), I think that is not in the cards for me right now.
    You are being much too logical in your thought process. The car hobby requires an illogical thought process based on emotion.

Your LWB car and the new SWB car will fit nicely in the garage and out of the weather. The Cayman S (a stunning car, IMO) and the GT3 (the ultimate modern Porsche) can stay in the driveway (under a good cover).

It was just a year ago that I drove a GT3 at a PCA event at Road Atlanta. I thought the car was one that a guy can drive very quickly even within a good "margin of safety". I remember searching for one the next week and the lowest price that I could find then was for $90K.

So, actually, you can keep the Cayman and buy a GT3 for less money than just owning a GT3 last year. It's almost as if someone gave you a Cayman, for no money.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Thumbs up

My buddy Thierry picked up a new Cayman S here in L.A. (we took it up in the hills the first day he got it.. ) and took back home to Orlando for his every day driver...... After a few weeks he entered some PCA DE's, slaloms, and time trials. After a few months he got himself another set of wheels and DOTs ....... Besides being one hell of a driver, all this so far has equaled a few FAST TIME of the DAYs .......

I found it was comfortable, smooth, fast, and completely neutral.......

....... and so it goes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter