Thread: 1967 911S Targa SWB

1967 911S Targa SWB

Hello all! I just wanted to post a beautiful soft window that just came into my shop.
    It was featured in the September Hemming's Sports and Imports as a two owner 1967 911 S SWB soft window Targa with all matching numbers and color codes. It is finished in one off Gulf Blue with a black interior. All receipts from new including the documentation from the cosmetic and mechanical restoration with color pictures. This car has been garaged kept since new and is free of any collision damage or rust as it was garaged its entire life. It is finished in the original Gulf blue with a flawless original tear free black leatherette interior. The car comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche. It is optioned with special paint, leatherette interior, Becker radio, loudspeaker with antennae, Talbot drivers side mirror, correct dated coded 15 inch fuchs. The engine is bone dry and has a fresh tune up and clutch. Car comes with original owners manual, service books, receipts, COA, tool kit and jack . This is a no stories perfect 911 S to grace the fussiest of Porsche collectors
    $150,000.00
    Attached Images Attached Images
    B.Sloan

Lightbulb Please link

Brett,

If you would, could you please link these ads to your dad's commerical site...

http://sloancars.com/

We try not run direct commercial ads on our classifieds...
    I know it's kind'of'a gray area sometimes but I hope you understand......

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

No prob...I will do that in the future....We are in the middle of redoing his website so I just wanted to post these few cars. Sorry about that!
    B.Sloan

How are the 15x4.5" fuchs matching date coded? The wheels on my 67S SWT had NO numbers on them, from what I understand they did not date the fuchs until 68 with the 5.5" wheel.

Like most people I just don't feel right about a car at a car show until I jack the car up, pull off all the wheels, clean all the brake dust and road grime off, then use a magnifying device to ascertain if the wheels are all dated within the correct time frame that the car was built and not a month too soon or late!! I wish the Fuchs boys stamped dates directly on the outside of the wheel on the spokes so we all could not hide our dates! Ok I am being a jerk and really can well all just agree: who gives a **** about date coded wheels. Correct wheels are all that should be needed. No more dates please.

That rant being said, you Sloan guys do it well. As a professional dealer myself I really like the Sloan Cars business method, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    How are the 15x4.5" fuchs matching date coded? The wheels on my 67S SWT had NO numbers on them, from what I understand they did not date the fuchs until 68 with the 5.5" wheel.

Like most people I just don't feel right about a car at a car show until I jack the car up, pull off all the wheels, clean all the brake dust and road grime off, then use a magnifying device to ascertain if the wheels are all dated within the correct time frame that the car was built and not a month too soon or late!! I wish the Fuchs boys stamped dates directly on the outside of the wheel on the spokes so we all could not hide our dates! Ok I am being a jerk and really can well all just agree: who gives a **** about date coded wheels. Correct wheels are all that should be needed. No more dates please.

That rant being said, you Sloan guys do it well. As a professional dealer myself I really like the Sloan Cars business method, keep it up.
    hey my 4.5 wheels dont even have P/N on them much less a date!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

We've had date coded 4.5 wheels in house before. Some have nothing, but most had an ink stamped part number and sometimes date code. On many wheels the ink stamps are long gone, but they can be read very clearly on other wheels.

As for who gives a **** about date matched wheels, all of the collectors we deal with do. When you're putting together a truly correct restoration, the wheels should be right, too. Obviously it doesn't affect the look or performance of the car, but that's not really the point in a high end restoration is it?

Matt
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    As for who gives a **** about date matched wheels, all of the collectors we deal with do. When you're putting together a truly correct restoration, the wheels should be right, too. Obviously it doesn't affect the look or performance of the car, but that's not really the point in a high end restoration is it?

Matt
    Well said.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111