Thread: Header size for 67S ?

Header size for 67S ?

Have an opportunity, to buy a set of headers; What is the correct header size for a 67 S engine ?
    Will 1-1/2" work fine or is it better to go to 1-5/8" dia;
    I will be running a sport muffler; Thanks;
    Aziz ; VARIOUS PORSHAS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aziz View Post
    Have an opportunity, to buy a set of headers; What is the correct header size for a 67 S engine ?
    Will 1-1/2" work fine or is it better to go to 1-5/8" dia;
    I will be running a sport muffler; Thanks;
    1.5", but pick the design carefully - they are not all created equal. What are you looking for: ultimate top end HP or a wider powerband? Wider powerband is usually preferable for small motors. This decision will define the primary and secondary tube lengths of the header you choose.

I did my research and bought my headers from Rennsport Systems, who has George Narbel build a header that is of proprietary design to Rennsport.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Headers

Kenik;

Thanks for the info; Will give them a call;
    Aziz ; VARIOUS PORSHAS

Similar Threads

1. Header Identification - Has anyone ever seen these headers?
    By Racerstock63 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 12:07 AM
  2. Can you I.D. these header extensions??
    By X-Faktory in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 09:14 PM
  3. WTB- header / duel muffler set up -2.7ltr
    By advtracing in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  4. Bruce Jennings Header
    By 72targa in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 05:59 AM
  5. Header size for 67S