Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Question ?

Color Question ?

Does someone here know which color is 62-165-L ? I could not find it on the glasurit color chart. I assume it's a white derivitive, but donno ?
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

62165 is Lime green or Golden green, the L designates Lesonal, so it will not be on the Glasurit chart. What is the VIN of the car?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...165#post102435
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

thank you Dave

Turns out they ( Lesonal ) don't make this color anymore. I think I'll go over to House of Kolors and have their mad scientists whip up something that will look very close to the original kolor. Maybe throw a few flames in too
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    3.8L

It seems like the base color of the primer really effects the color green.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Dave..check this out

Dave, I found this on the 912 page: The caption above the pic says that this color was very rare. #62165
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    Dave, I found this on the 912 page: The caption above the pic says that this color was very rare. #62165
    Now we know why it was "Very Rare"

My dad actually had a "G" car this color (Porsche). The DEA impounded the 911 from a drug dealer, then my dad used it as his work car As a kid we called it "Diarrhea Green".

Curt:

Lesonal made the color for the Moto Guzzi V7 Sport; this looks a lot like a few re-sprays I've seen. I've been on the same hunt for over a year now and to date haven't gotten a decent code other than what somebody came up with involving a yellow gold base with a green clear shot over it (which is how Moto Guzzi did it).

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Cool bike

I saw a post on a Chevy site and there was a 60's Chevelle that was painted this color. If I had a gas door, House of Kolors can make anything. I went there looking for the wrong color and for a gallon of acrylic enamel with the hardeners was only $286.00 / gallon. That's very cheap and the quality of their product is really good.

Obviously the bike shown is not yours otherwise you would have done the same ??

I only have a few weeks before this car Is going to be ready for paint. If all else fails, I'll just have to "eye-it", and move on.
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    House of Kolors can make anything.
    Curt:

Actually, HOK has a pretty close match that I've already seen. Right now the bike has fair paint on it and the other one I'm doing a light cosmetic on is black. Easy for me, easy for the painter!

FWIW, the side bar shot next to the HOK chip is actually BMW Phoenix Yellow.

Here's some photos that show the original paint inside the bike I'd like to do as well as an HOK chip chart. "Over BCO2" looks nice.

Best,

Tom

PS: The bike in the photo is roughly 1 of about 150 Telaio Rosso models. Trick frame, trick engine internals. Trick price!
    http://www.s3750motoguzzi.co.uk/fran...francesco.html
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Curt, I searched high and low for a source for the original formula for Lesonol paint code #62109 for Heidi's '68. I finally found the source 2 hours away in New Hampshire. They apparently have the books of all the paint codes and recipes for every car since they started business in the 1920s. After a lot of cross referencing Frank at Towers Motor Parts mixed it up; Porsche 62109-L. Another rare color for sure. The color is dead nuts, right-the-Fuchs-on perfect. And it's real OEM Lesonol paint.

Towers Motor Parts Corporation: Paint DeptTowers Motor Parts Corporation: Paint Dept

305 W Hollis St
    Nashua, NH 03060

(603) 598-8899‎
    (603) 882-5117‎

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183