Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intersting '70T on Chicago Craigslist

Interesting '70T on Chicago Craigslist

Not mine...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1111806535.html

Just thought it looks pretty clean from the pictures, for $9000, seems like a pretty decent deal.

Peter

i'll believe that price when somebody here reports owning it.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

That car has been on eBay several times with a reserve north of $20k and no takers. My guess is that this is some form of scam, since the car has always been listed as being for sale here in New York.

Of course it's possible the car was bought and brought to Chicago, but if so, the new owner would have to have taken a huge hit if he is now selling for that price. Especially since the car was on eBay here in New York as recently as a month or two ago.

Be careful, to me this one stinks of a scam.

-Mike

awww Chuck man c'mon
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Well, I sent an email asking if it was available for inspection and if it was in the Chicago area.

If I get a reply back, I will go have a look.

Peter

Angelica Harrington

I know ALL about this car and the person who is trying to sell US. She says she is a deaf mute. She says that it was her husbands car and he recently died. She says she is going to France to live with her sister....blah, blah blah. Here's the hook ! Send her $500 through a credit card and she will send you the car for three days to inspect....( yea right).

Fact: Her perported address in Texas is not a valid address.
    Fact: There is no one in Texas with that name or address

I have all the emails and her responses....It's ALL Bull sh** !!!

I hope he gets caught !
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    She says she is a deaf mute.
    Now that IS funny! Thanks...

Best.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    I know ALL about this car and the person who is trying to sell US. She says she is a deaf mute. She says that it was her husbands car and he recently died. She says she is going to France to live with her sister....blah, blah blah. Here's the hook ! Send her $500 through a credit card and she will send you the car for three days to inspect....( yea right).

Fact: Her perported address in Texas is not a valid address.
    Fact: There is no one in Texas with that name or address

I have all the emails and her responses....It's ALL Bull sh** !!!

I hope he gets caught !
    Here is an email I received this morning (along with a screen shot of her inbox to show how many responses she has for the car):

"Hello.

I am sorry for may late reply,I was very busy last days.The car is still available for sale.It is in excellent working condition,It was always garaged and hasn't been involved in an accident.Only 11.700 miles,a really Sunday car. It was my husband's car and sometimes I think he loved it more than me,so much take care of it.

$9000 is my best offer !I am not selling this car for profit or due to lack of money.I am sure I could get more money on it,but my husband died 3 months ago and I decided to sell the house and move to my sister in France,my country of origin .I will do it next weekend ,that means you should move quickly.If I will not sell this car next week,I am ready to donate it to the National Deaf-Mute Association.
    However,a $500 deposit is required in order to reserve the car for you and to arrange a viewing and a check of the car .I am a 61 years widow and deaf-mute ,I am very busy with this move and I can't afford to meet too many buyers every day, especially I had a very ugly experience with a buyer who came here for a mower!
    I take full responsibility for the inspection results so if the car is not as it was described then you can refuse it and get refund of your deposit but I am sure that you will be more than satisfied!
    These are my terms,if you don't agree with them,just ignore this message ,no offense!

Please,check this link for pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/ElizabethStanford1960/911T#
    Also please check the attachment,there is a print screen of my inbox,you will see that I have many interested buyers for this car. I will sell it to the most serious and decided.

Thank you !

Elizabeth Stanford"

Quote Originally Posted by roddw View Post
    Here is an email I received this morning (along with a screen shot of her inbox to show how many responses she has for the car):

"Hello.

Thank you !

Elizabeth Stanford"
    OK...sorry. She is a deaf mute, bipolar, and a frggen prevericator. !!!! She can't figure out her real name.

BTW...She/He wants the $$ sent via Green Dot ( owner is my customer).

For those that know, she/he only communicates by email and her Telephone is a fax line. ( more BS )
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Seems like quite a few scams being run these days I was a target a few years back and I know several other ESR members have also been targeted.
    If it's too good to be true, usually it's not.
    Bobby
    PS the term "deaf mute" is no longer politically correct in the the deaf world.
    It's "deaf or hard of hearing". My wife is a sign language interpreter and teacher of the deaf.