Thread: Bumperette and fog light cover removal

Bumperette and fog light cover removal

Can the bumperettes and the covers for the fog light holes be remove while the front bumper is still installed? I was under my car looking to get to the bolts on the backside but it doesn't seem that they are accessible. I was wondering if I'm missing a trick?

Thanks

Bumperette and fog light cover removal

The bumperette bolts can be accessed from the trunk compartment by removing the plastic plugs you'll find in the front bulkhead. That will get you access to the bolt heads, however some were a standard 13mm hex head, and some were a unique bolt head called a "Ribe" sort of an allen head but not exactly, sort of a "torx" but not exactly. Only the Ribe socket will work. The second problem may be RUST, I know, you're saying "how could that be?" but really rusted tight may still require removing the bumper to better access the bolts with heat or penetrant, whichever they may require. The fog light covers can be accessed with the bumper on and a long 10mm wrench, ratcheting box works best.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Similar Threads

1. Removal of guages-light wire?
    By mbruen in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 04:48 AM
  2. Wiper & Light switch mount removal
    By SteveG in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 12:34 AM