Thread: '73 'T' to 'S'. . .

'73 'T' to 'S'. . .

. . . . on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1123&viewitem=

Seller states it was Peter Gregg's wife's car, modified by him and Hurley Haywood back in the day.

We Can Be Heroes

Anyone got a ballpark on this one?
    '73 T 2.7RS spec.

Perhaps it was purchased by Cars Dawydiak to go with the Mrs. Penske car they currently have on offer. A matched pair like that should command a premium!

Car appears to have had A/C installed. The washer bottle is in the proper position for A/C installation per factory. So be on the look-out for some big holes in the dash bulkhead and passenger footwell. Also the front end may have a 2.5 foot hole forward of the tank for that condensor.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Poof!

Gone.

'The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.'

Does anybody know what happened to this car? This thing sounded really, REALLY interesting --- a car that Peter Gregg built for his wife? With Hurley Haywood?.

We Can Be Heroes

We did all the recent work on the car. It's a fast car with a 901 trans. The grey cloth interior is interesting and cooler to sit in hot climes. Robert sold the car to a good home; an ex-brumos employee that was with the biz around the time that Mrs. Gregg was driving this car.

We took some artistic license with the traditional side stripes. I have no knowledge of it actually having these back in the day, but I have seen all the documentation that Robert had on the car. It was nice to see all the receipts.

The new owner got a good buy given all the $$ put in the car, and how nice it is to drive
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Great car, just looks very honest and nice.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

2nd time around on ebay for this car. It was a no sale, not reaching the reserve the first time around back in January. Owner added the stripes and other amenities since then. I was in the market at the time and spoke with the seller several times. A very nice guy who seemed knowledgeable and sincere. We just couldn't come to terms at his 35K asking price, as well as he kept telling me the car wasn't ready to show yet (Dave was performing work on the car). Still a very nice car.

I was interested in this car. I waited to see how the bidding would go and that was my mistake. The next time I checked on the car it was "no longer available for sale".

I think I'm going to get in touch with sellers as soon as I see a car that I might be interested in. This probable fits with the current use of eBay as a place to get exposure for the car. I'm used to cars that don't make reserve being sold after the auction for more than the top price.

It's probably time to move that up to the beginning of the auction.

Alan