Thread: FS : 1970 911E Targa - a deal !

FS : 1970 911E Targa - a deal !

Rare opportunity to get an European delivered E (KPH speedometer, Euro lens) with matching number original 2.2 E engine with 40 IDA Weber Carburators,

VIN : 9110210492 ; Asking price : 7300$US OBO

A running car, that need some TLC at the price of a project car !!

All original trim, rubbers, glasses,… The car was stored many years, but runs and drive good, motor turn good, keep a nice idle, but it will need some timing or adjustement to be perfect (to get quick answer and higher torque) The steering, brakes, suspension are OK, but will need some maintenance to be tight. Good 901 transmission, shift good in all speeds.

It had been restored maybe 15-20 years ago. Car is blue, but the original color is the sought after Tangerine (or Bluto orange / blood orange), this color can only be seen from the front trunk under the dash. Original gold lettering and very nice undented Targa stainless bar.

Original equipement included : 250 kph speedo, S alloy front calliper, S front and rear sway bars. E trim on bumpers and S trim on rocker panels. Match date 14” original E Fuchs alloy wheels (tires are cracked) part of the comfort package. H4 headlights.

Later front seats and rear grill. The front spoiler bumper is in fibreglass, The Hydro-pneumatic struts had been replaced with stock torsion bars. Kenwood CD radio

There is some cracks and bubbles in the paint. The floor pan is solid except under the pedals. Otherwise the floors, rocker panels, door jams, jack plugs, front pan and battery boxes are very solid. There is 2 other places where rust will need to be repair some day : beside the left battery box (1” x 3”) and under the mounting point of the left spring pate.(1” x2”) (the other side is very solid)

I don’t have any maintenance records for it ; all mechanical component may need or not some repair or maintenance. Usual oil drip from valve covers. The targa top had been redone in blue vinyl, its good but not perfect (the edges lift) Inside headliner is shut. Usual cracks on dashboard. Include a 4.5” steel wheel as a spare and a jack. No bar, No toolkit, No manuals.

I bought this car last year to have a Targa beside my 72 coupe, but I must realized that one early 911 is enough for the time (and money…) I have available…

Shipping to be determined all at buyer cost. I can deliver the car to Hershey swap meet, PA, on april 25th for 700$ if the money is received before. (or maybe in the Northeast; to be discussed) I have found a complete MFI system that I can include in the sale for an additional 1500$US

E-mail to : diane.q@sympatico.ca or Feel free to call me on my cell phone : 514-347-0372, I cannot always answer but leave a message and I will call you back.

More pics at : http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=469194

Thanks, Regards
    JD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sold, Thanks !

JD