Thread: 65 2.0 motor & transmission 5 speed

65 2.0 motor & transmission 5 speed

this started as dune buggy project that i started last fall .the motor had 2 sized pistons when i got it water got into cylinder #2 and #3 . this motor was completely disasembled and rebuilt to OEM specs all machine work done by a pro . bearing ,rings,pistons,rod bolts an nuts,chains,ramps,tensioners,2 cylinders,2 heads ,valve job,seals & guides,solex carbs rebuilt (1 body was replaced),mech fuel rebuilt by ed fall at http://www.vintagewerks.com/index.html also have elec fuel pump with regulator,wires cap coil points con all new ,one cam had burnt lob so that was replaced , oil pressure 40#s at idel 70#s at higher RPM ,flywheel refaced ,new clutch presure plate was fine .transmission is 901 5 speed not posi . trany shifts smooth also have OEM air cleaner . this is for sale as complete setup plug and play . car runs and have been driving up an down the street and it runs great lots of torque. i'll try and get some vidio of it running and driving an post it on utube . looking to get 7000$ for everything and i will crate it and drop it for shipping at owners $ contact me at US4736@snet.net or call 914-447-2746 motor is in CT photos on photobucket heres the link http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...6/911%20motor/

wow thats a killer motor. Good luck with the sale, I wish I had something that needed that engine!! Good deal!

JW
    72T Coupe - hotrod.
    72S "Tangie"
    73S Poop Brown
    69T Irish Green
    69S Secret Project
    S Registry Dues Paying member #1438

engine # 901667 appropriate for VIN's 301500 +/- 100
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

i just added vidio my wife shot it and she not to good with a camera ,she would'nt drive it for me she said no f-----g way what are you nuts , women go figure... heres the link http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...20motor/911-2/

I'm glad you are opening this project to potentially put an early car back on the road correct, and it seems you've built a really amirable powertrain, but the original premise of 65' powertrain in a dune buggy is like a Swiss movement in a Swatch?

All kidding aside, I've bought some of my best S and racing parts from dunebuggy and sandrail builders who recognized quality components when the rest of of were chasing other rabbit holes.

This is a reasonable deal and someone should save another car out there.

Your wife sounds like mine. This is a smoking deal.

Bill
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that