Thread: Need help wiring my US Franfurt radio w/ shortwave

Need help wiring my US Franfurt radio w/ shortwave

I have searched and I wasn't coming across the info I need. I have been cleaning up the wiring, which was a mess. Now I have the following questions:

1) what is the triangular pigtail for? I assume speaker wires, but why 3 female pins? where should I get the male pins?
    2) how is the radio grounded? all I see is the yellow wire for power. there is a slot at the bottom of the radio w/ a ground symbol. looking inside the slot, EDIT: IT APPEARS THERE'S A NEGATIVE SYMBOL INDICATING (-) GROUNDING. is the radio grounded when the chassis is fastened to the car?
    3) what is the correct in-line fuse for the original Blaupunkt yellow wire?
    4) is there a manual available on the web for this radio?
    5) what does the right silver metal knob do?
    EDIT: ITS A "Y" CODE, SO I BELIEVE IT'S A '67?
    Sorry for all the questions, but I'm stuck.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...restoration complete!
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Also want to make sure this is the right radio for my '68. The Z radios had the silver knobs with the tabs, right? Perhaps a '67 was installed at the dealer from old inventory?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...restoration complete!
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Radio Stuff

Your US Frankfurt Blaupunkt is a correct one-box 1968 y code radio, Porsche OEM.

The pigtail is in the event you have two speakers instead on just one. With two speakers, you use a 3 prong male connector. The outside knobs, knurled are probably wrong, should be tabbed as you point out.

The yellow power wire should have an in-line black plastic fuse holder. The fuse value I don't know off hand, might be in the owner's handbook.

Grounding takes place by the bracket that bolts or clips to the back of the radio.

Depending on the radio, the ouside right control, does nothing, or it can be sensativity or something else. One needs the radio manual for the applicable radio to know.

If your radio actually works on all bands, etc. you're 99% on the way there. Good luck

-Allen-