Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houndstooth Fabric

Houndstooth Fabric

Any one have a source for correct, or close to correct houndstooth fabric for a set of sport seats.

Thanks
    Rob Abbott

houndstooth

Hi Rob, We are using the OEM style houndstooth and I have to reorder for another customer...not cheap, coming from Switzerland and thos "Fraenkli's.."
    If this is not to your liking we have a houndstooth that we use for 7 years now and customer a quite happy with it....
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

I believe Marco Marinello (Elevenparts) also supplies the houndstooth fabric.

Hi
    Ruf automobiles in Germany sell the cloth at around 200Euros (2007 pricing) a meter. I bought some from them and I am completely satisfied. You need less than a meter to do two front seats, so you will have some spare. They have all the colours blk/blk, blk/brown, blk/olive. Please note that you pictured two different fabrics in your mail. The more square weave pictured is actually pepita and not houndstooth. Pictured below is my carsseats in Pepita
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
    Any one have a source for correct, or close to correct houndstooth fabric for a set of sport seats.

Thanks
    Rob,

Hope it could help you

http://www.sitzklinik.de/porscheshop/sitze.html

Cheers
    Fred
    -------------------
    1970 911 2,2 S Coupé Albert Blau

Does anyone know when did this kind of fabric started being used by the factory on 911 seats? Would it suit a 70 car? Thanks!
    Vasco Ricardo

"I spent a lot of money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I squandered." - George Best
    ------------
    Early 911S Registry member #1067
    RGruppe member #609

65 to 73....all inclusive....different colors in some years, but blk/wht was always available.

I have some fabric I sourced from Porsche classic many many years ago and though close to all the fabric listed, it's not "quite" the same, but for all intents and purposes what is in the pictures above is "correct".

Note that all the fabrics shown above are from the same supplier.

Eric

Houndstooth Fabric

We also carry original houndstooth by meter.

http://exoticcarseats.com/pages/houndstooth.html
    regards David
    exoticcarseats.com 678 637 5103

I've seen that Houndstooth fabric at Stefan's shop (GTS - classiccarseats.com). Although not the Houndstooth I am going with, it is incredible looking. I've decided to go with a slightly different Houndstooth pattern with a more tight knit pattern. Stefan is a great guy and does outstanding work. He can get you pretty much any pattern available.
    Elvis has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter 911 View Post
    I've seen that Houndstooth fabric at Stefan's shop (GTS - classiccarseats.com). Although not the Houndstooth I am going with, it is incredible looking. I've decided to go with a slightly different Houndstooth pattern with a more tight knit pattern. Stefan is a great guy and does outstanding work. He can get you pretty much any pattern available.
    And he's one of our advertisers in the "Esses". We appreciate his support!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100