Thread: FS: Stock 1972 2.4S MFI Engine

FS: Stock 1972 2.4S MFI Engine

I have a stock 1972 911S 2.4LTR MFI engine that I have been using in a casual track car for many years. I’m realizing, it seems a shame to use what has become a very desirable engine just for occasional track fun. So, a friend has been encouraging me to sell it and get a larger engine more suitable for track use.
    The engine is stock except for oil bypass mod, upgraded oil pump and was rebuilt not to many miles ago (rings, bearings, valve job w/new valves) w/ receipts. Machine work done by German Precession in Sunnyvale, Ca. It runs very well but has some typical oil leaks (a lot of which are from the car sitting around for long periods of time). Obviously, they aren’t significant or they wouldn’t allow me to pass tech inspection. This engine is in the car and ready for test drive. Keep in mind, these engines are hard to find with original MFI and in this good of condition. Recent video and photos of engine available upon request. $8900 OBO. Serious inquiries only please.

You might want to post the engine number....this is the Early S Registry....you might even find the "right" matching buyer.

Good idea. Here you go......

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's from a relatively early '72 S...

Somewhere in the vicinity of 91123002xx (Coupe) or 91123102xx (Targa)...that would be my guess...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Can you post additional information about the engine? i.e. compression or leak down numbers, Carrera tensioner update? MFI pump number, ... (edit) addt'l pictures?

Thanks.
    Mark Brown
    '73 911S Targa '70 914-6

Sorry for the delay. I don't check the site everyday. I'm sorry, I don't have leak down numbers. I did a compression check recently that showed aproxamatly 100 lbs across all cylinders (+ - 2 libs). This was with engine dead cold, butterflys closed and a battery that dosn't get used much. Here are a few pics to help out with the other questions:

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images