Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seeking opinions 73 911t for sale

seeking opinions 73 911t for sale

hi
    i would appreciate any and all feedback on the quality and issues with this car and the offering price

http://www.caporsche.net/id73.html

thanks!!

..it's a well known.. and highly regarded car. -Its been discussed here previously and many people have confirmed its provenance...

..as far as value is concerned, that's not quite so easy. It's worth what you're willing to pay...
    Steve Mortimer
    member 1380

'54 VW Karmann Kabriolett (ex-DKP)
    '70 Porsche 911 T (sold -looking for replacement)
    '95 Audi/Porsche RS2

Ahmen . . . .

. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    ..as far as value is concerned, that's not quite so easy. It's worth what you're willing to pay...
    . . . and what the Seller will let it go for!

We Can Be Heroes

Nice looking car, but I wonder how the CIS does with E cams.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Well, I liked it a whole lot better at the price I paid for it a few years ago...

Here's a pic of the car in the garage of the guy I bought it from.

I'd certainly find out what has been done to it by CAPorsche (with receipts), E cam upgrades? Who did that? A reseal, ok fine. The car was absolutely stunning in the hands of the guy I sold it to, he did some nice upgrades to the car, which I don't see any longer. Not sure of why this car has changed so much.

The car was very solid, very quick (lots of torque), and pretty honest. It was a pleasure to drive. There was a pretty good set of records that was with the car as well....do those still exist?

cheers,
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's still a T

Nice car. Company ad nice but somewhere between $25K-$30K.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Best of the breed. CIS K-Jetronic (Continuous Injection System) was used from 1973-1983 on the 911 series and also on the 930 through the 964 Turbo series which carried it into the 1990's.

It is one of the most reliable systems they every utilized and I'd own one in a NY minute vs. it's MFI counterpart. The power band is very wide and accomodating. There are but 2 moving parts in the system; the air flow (sensor plate) and control plunger.

Curtis is about on the money "on the money".

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Here is the car about this time last year. Harvey Weidman 15 X 7 all 4, driving lights, perfect H-1 headlights. I can't believe they don't mention the Elephant racing suspension upgrades. Car came with a binder full of upgrade documentation. The car drove as well as any early car I have driven.

Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

that is nutso money for a T.

but i think a certain yellow T (CIS) recently was offered for similar $$. it was very nicely done and, IIRC, had a lot of original paint on it.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

wow, much nicer!

is that original paint?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!