Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: epiphany - S bumpers work w/ 7's!

epiphany - S bumpers work w/ 7's!

Always liked the non-S bumper, 6" fuchs look on early cars. S bumpers just look out of place to me on some cars. i think i've figured it out though, S bumpers look good with 7" fuchs.

Probably just catching up with the group on this but thought i'd share.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

But do non-S bumpers work with 7s?
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

crap. i am not sure.

need to research!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Well, I'm sort of counting on it since I bought a set to refinish.

ESR #1474

The second car down is mine and I can tell you they DO work, no issues at all
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
    The second car down is mine and I can tell you they DO work, no issues at all
    Thanks for that, apologies for linking to the pic. I just searched the site for cars on 7s with standard front bumpers.
    ESR #1474

love the rake on the 3rd car, very nice stance.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

Tiny Hijack

I'm running 6's and 7's on my 73 but I'm liking the look of those cars - does anyone know if 195r15-60 tires could be safely run on a 7" rim since I just bought new tires in the fall?

I'm running 195/65's on 7" rims on my '73. Although I've only got a few hundred miles on them so far, I haven't run into any significant issues. I say significant because I do have rubbing issues when I make a more than one full turn to the right with (of all things)... the horn! So I'm guessing the 60's would likely cure that problem. And I also guess I'm fabbing a new horn bracket in the near future.

Mike

7s (perfect original factory finish) do work with standard bumpers, though with BFG 205-60s the tire comes close to the trim as it swings through its arc. I had to move mine out on its mounnts about a 1/4"
    I did get a NOS S bumper still in black primer, in case it didn't work.
    Now I am thinking maybe going to deep 6s.....
    Attached Images Attached Images