Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 912R - rides again

912R - rides again

No affiliation...Yellow 912R. It seems to be the same car minus wheels? that was fro sale earlier this year at ACE AUTO SPORTS?

http://www.europeancollectables.com/..._inv_id=Po2122

It was sold to a member on the left coast who apparently sold it or traded it to EC. Had 7's on it at one time.
    I have a lot of photographs of it Pre-EC.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I've seen this car, its nice, but I think its quite a stretch to call it a "R". Putting R tail lights on a early 912 does not make it a R clone in my opinion.
    Rob Abbott

Cleverly done and well executed. The last owner paid up for it as did the previous owner.

Sticking a badge on the back of any of them is blasphemy if you want to pick the fly crap out of the pepper, however, in the spirit of the group it's widely accepted for a one-off hot rod to get the "R" moniker.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

R

indeed a fine car -had tried to purchase it myself though exchange rate was/is a killer for a 912 based R

http://www.used911parts.com/
    This is the shop that built the car, they do top quality work and Mark has been working on Porsche's for around 35 years. Mark told me is was one of the nicest rust free chasis he has even seen, great car.

Wink

And THIS makes a LOT of sense!!!

"Pioneer AM/FM/CD/Satellite Radio/MP3 sound system with remote and door speakers... all sound deadening removed..."

Why bother? You won't be able to hear it!

Actually, you can hear it and it sounds really good. This is a really cool car, but space it a premium. No room for the 911 just back from paint, the "painted dash" 912 and the 912R. Too bad I don't have the room, cause it's a blast to drive!
    Various Porsche's

Yea - but all that extra weight! Wait till you see Jack!

Nice looking ride! I bet it's a blast.

hide the Pioneer (exspecially since it boasts a remote) and stealthificate them door speakers. Kinda pops the illusion of a period effort.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183