Thread: RS Lightweight seats--reprise

RS Lightweight seats--reprise

I now have more definitive pictures of seats from an RS which was converted from Touring to Lightweight years ago. They look like official factory lightweight seats, but I'd appreciate other thoughts. I would also like to know opinions on the value of the seats. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar
    The seat with adjustable rake is a 73 RS lwt seat. The other is a passanger seat from a 73 RSR. The floor mountings are "home made". IMHO.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

RSL seat

Looks like the seats have been recovered with new Nomex fabric. The black plastic fitment buttons are a later feature I think. The crossbars are looking original to me but I am not 100% sure.
    www.elevenparts.com has now an original seat for sale at €1550,- and that is rather cheap. I have seen them on the market for up to €3500,-
    In the RSH (homologation), the passenger seat did not have an adjustable recliner, the RSR passenger seat could have side openings in order to feed the 4/5-point seat belts through. Anyhow, so many differnent options that it is hard to tell what is original to a certain car.

Cees

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

RSL seat

Pår, you are right about the crossbars, they should have two floor mounting holes on each side of it...

Cees

Registered User parced@telia.co's Avatar
    Cees, and I think the are actually "boxed", hollow.

And it's right, not many of us stood by the gates and inspected what came out of the factory. And all cars where not built in the same way. Back then it was by the, "what's on the shelf" logic. AND it's 30 years ago.

What we can have an opinion about is what is more probable then something else.