Thread: '54 BMW R25/3 back on the road!

'54 BMW R25/3 back on the road!

Registering it today and need to get licensed for two wheel transportation.

Still have some work to do like new tires, advance springs, etc. etc. but it runs great and starts on one or two kicks. Shifting is a bit of a challenge as it doesn't feel the same every time. Once moving it's pretty good but from a start can be tough. Still learning though as this is the first 'real' bike i've ridden. My '66 Honda Cub is a centrifugal type trans. w/ no clutch.

WONDERFUL pukka pukka sound Can't wait to get advance spring replaced so i can go for a nice long ride on back roads and through town. The bike is a perfect complement to the obnoxiously loud 2 out sport muffled weber fed 911 that sleeps next to it in the garage.

LOVE the plunger frame design. So clean and darn near perfect to my eyes.

I think i want another one.

Maybe Dover White.

Red would be okay too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

and Daron thanks again for the handle bars, like the width very much!

will be ordering headlight mirrors and maybe bar end signals (for safety more than anything else) today.

pic is not a close up because she has a LOT of patina but i am starting to find the 'patina' charming.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Erik,
    Nice work! You should show a "before" shot too.
    Call me before you order new parts. I might have spares of both items you mentioned.

Dover white next eh? Have I got a deal for you. Start digging in the sofa cushions and skimming the kid's lunch money now.

Daron

A few pics of what she 'was'. Lots of scrubbing and never-dull got it to where it is. Also touched up some very badly corroded panel sections (near the battery) with, of all things, POR. Believe it or not the stuff is an excellent match for the ratty old paint on my bike. Only did it in somewhat hidden areas of course. If i do every repaint her it'll be the full deal anyways.

Daron thanks for the consideration on the parts but i called Vech's place Monday and i'm expecting delivery today hopefully. Will let you know if anything else comes up.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

question from the provinces

How has this market held up? This 27 came up here in Tucson and asking 6500. My garage has space and that`s never a good thing.
    Member:S Registry #864

i'm the least informed in this group on such things but if i thought i could get that bike for $5500, assuming it's as good as it looks (ie great paint, runs well) i'd be pretty pleased with myself.

at $6500 i would THINK it's fairly priced. if it's an all original survivor (looks like it might be) then i'd feel even better about $6k.

been watching carefully for complete singles via local channels and not much to be found.

but then i think a 51/3 would be great to have and no-name 'restored' versions seem to be ASKING $11k +/-.
    Erik

Early S # 1107