Thread: Tires for 69S street

Tires for 69S street

What tires do you guys prefer? I am running the stock Fuchs wheels and will be driving street and highway here in Santa Fe which does include some dirt and kinda rough secondary roads. I would like to get them at the local Discount store.
    Thanks.

I have been running BF Goodrich g-Force Sport tires on my 73 for the past 2 years. 205 60 15's on 6's and 7's. My car is a street car 99% of the time with an occasional track day. Great tire, moderately priced. Thumbs up. Not too many choice for our cars.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I just put on Sumitumo HR 200s' on mine with 6" superlites. They are H rated, which I guess is fine for street. I have about 3,000 miles on them and am very pleased. They are quiet, I like the way they respond to spirited driving on dry roads. Very secure feeling at high speed in driving rain. I like tread pattern although not vintage looking
    195x65x15, 215x60x15.
    Have heard good things about the BF Goodrich stated above
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Thanks guys! I am pleased to see how cheap these tires are...4 new tires for about 1/2 the $$$ I pay for a single rear tire on my 06 C2S.

If you want the vintage look at a reasonable price look into Vanderstein Classics.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

912->911 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by joegt3cup View Post
    If you want the vintage look at a reasonable price look into Vanderstein Classics.
    Close - but it's Vredestein Classic
    http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/prod...&productID=749
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

I really like my Vredesteins
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

I like my Vandersteen's - they sound great!

They do take up some space and have to sit out away from the walls though...

Regis turd ab user
    Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo View Post
    I really like my Vredesteins
    Myself as well, I'm on my second set, very compliant, predictable, look and fit great.

Here's a west coast source.

http://www.wirewheelsource.com/

I have a 69S, and I installed the Bridgestone Potenza. It's a lot eastier than trying to find the Michelin's that came on it back in the day. The Riken's are total garbage. Although the size is a little bigger on the original fuch, it's only a 2% variance in the well, no rubbing. I'll let you know if that part is true when I actuall get the car running
    Attached Images Attached Images