Thread: 993 tt price check

993 tt price check

A little help.

I have a chance to buy a high mile 993 tt. Car is in good shape, has 93,000 miles, motor was rebuild about 3,000 ago. Everything works at the moment.

The kicker is that the car was my fathers. A few days before he died he sold the car to his best friend who would now like to sell it to me. Happily, I'd like to buy it. Any clue on a fair price? I have not seen many with this many miles, and frankly have not paid attention to the 993 turbo market regardless.

Thanks,
    David

rennlist 993tt forum is a good place to find out.

Thats gotta be the highest mileage tt out there. It's gonna be hard to find another to comapre.....
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by sezme View Post
    Thats gotta be the highest mileage tt out there. It's gonna be hard to find another to comapre.....

That was Dad's goal! You don't want to know how many of them were on a race track.

If it was me - - and it has been my Dads car - - I'd pay whatever asking was...
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by zweistein View Post
    rennlist 993tt forum is a good place to find out.
    Good idea, thank you.

If it was me - - and it has been my Dads car - - I'd pay whatever asking was...
    Me too! And I will.

The current owner and I agreed a few years ago that I'd have rights of first refusal when the time came for him to part company with the car. He sent me an email last night asking what current market was for the car, so I thought I'd start here.

I saw a light blue metallic one with 124,000 miles, and it had Cibie rally lamps on the front deck lid. Wish I had taken a pic.

Current Porsches:
    1965 912, light ivory | 1966 912, slate grey/red | 1968 911, burgundy | 1988 930, guards red | 1989 Speedster, guards red | 1990 Carrera 2 RS clone, silver | 1992 MB 500E, silver | 2008 Cayenne Turbo, black
    Grande Project: http://www.themotoringenthusiast.com...featured/index

Quote Originally Posted by PSportoVeloce View Post
    I saw a light blue metallic one with 124,000 miles, and it had Cibie rally lamps on the front deck lid. Wish I had taken a pic.
    That is very cool. I know there is a Rennlister with about 125K as well. Might even be the same car. When Dad sold the car in Jan of 2002 he had over 80,000 miles on the car. It's been a weekend car since then. Which it would be for me as well.