Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 46mm Webers

WTB: 46mm Webers

Hello Everyone,

I need a set for my project.

Cash or trade.

Thank you,

Leonard

Carquip has a set on eBay right now...although about $2000 over market value for a good used set...but, if you factor in rebuilding to make them look as good as these and time, maybe you are only paying up a little? I have not priced out a rebuild on these in a while though.

I have seen 46's WITH the rare mag tall intakes stacks go for this same amount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I'll check the link from home this evening.

I'm hoping an individual has a set they want to sell.

Leonard

Leonard,

I just remembered that a user here "speedo" had a set a few months back, maybe go thru the old posts or send him a PM to see if he still has them. He had them posted here and on Pelican.

Peter

Wow, I see what you mean Peter.

They also have some mid 80s leather sport seats in desperate need of recovering for $850!

I guess I'm out of the loop on current pricing.

Leonard

Still looking.

Thank you,

Leonard

New owner, The Race Line
    Just out of curiousity, what should a pair of rebuilt 906 weber 46 carbs run?

Tom was the one who posted these on ebay so I did not have much say as to the pricing.

Thanks,

Erik Johnson
    Carquip Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Erik@Carquip View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what should a pair of rebuilt 906 weber 46 carbs run?

Tom was the one who posted these on ebay so I did not have much say as to the pricing.

Thanks,

Erik Johnson
    Carquip Sales
    A good used/usable set that has not been rebuilt goes for anywhere between $2500-$2800.

So the question is, what does a rebuild on these cost these days?

Peter

So the question is, what does a rebuild on these cost these days?
    The rebuilt of a set of IDA 40's by one of the pro shops seems to run between $1300-$1600 depending on who you are using and the condition of the cores.

Those are of course alu body carbs whereas my 46 were magnesium.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678 View Post
    The rebuilt of a set of IDA 40's by one of the pro shops seems to run between $1300-$1600 depending on who you are using and the condition of the cores.

Those are of course alu body carbs whereas my 46 were magnesium.

Richard
    I am hoping to buy a set and rebuild them myself.

Performance products and EBS still sell "the ultimate weber rebuild kit" for the 46mm. $124.99.... Looks like what I have used in the past for the 40 mm

Unless they have been burned, full of water, or have bad shafts I figured I could rebuild.

Thanks everyone.... and still looking!