Thread: 67 normal, 4 spd, CA car, $25k

67 normal SOLD $18,750

SOLD SOLD [edited to update info] Tangerine / BoodOrange paint over black interior, newer corbeau leather seats with air-lumbar (have original seats as well). 2.0L 6cyl engine, 4 spd, steel wheels, S-brakes, excellent interior / headliner / dash / doors / seats. Unmolested original condition. This is the perfect platform for a concours restoration project - all the original bits are there. Paint condition fair, needs some work as all cars of this era do. NEW clutch, needs shocks / struts, ....starts and runs strong. Recently and routinely driven. Some recent work includes: New clutch, new motor mounts, new alt belt, new points, new rotor, new spark plugs / wires, new voltage regulator, new fuel lines, new oil return lines, recent oil change, swepco in the trans. This car should be preserved, and wants an owner who is willing to put the effort in.

Per this site, fewer 'normals' were built than 911'S' - only 1600 were ever produced, and fewer than half that remain, and fewer still with 4 spds, and fewer yet with S-brakes from the factory!

further info: I've been all up and inside, under, and around the car looking for rust. There is some surface rust around the smuggler's box, and some surface rust around the driver's side fender - body seam (like an inch), and a bit where the steering tube goes thru the floor of the front trunk (about an inch long). there is a bubble on the driver's door inner sill the size of a quarter. The front pan has been replaced and it was done well. The floors do not appear rusty either from above or below. There are rust bubbles below the rear window corners, but I have not been able to find any rust up from the inside of the engine bay to the same location. I pulled the soundproofing off the firewall and was pleased to not find any rust. There is a spot near the passenger jack support as well.

engine condition is tight - compression test just done 7-13-09 and the numbers are 165-170 across the board

so, there is all the bad news. the good news is that she is unmolested, no one has chopped her up and done dopey stuff to her over the years. There was an aftermarket a/c that had been installed by the dealer when new, so there are some holes for the freon lines and I have removed the offending parts. But the interior is excellent, the guages all work, and the dash, doors, carpet, headliner, rear seats are all period correct and untouched, and in great condition. I have the orig front seats in storage, they need some seam stitching, but there are no tears or wear on them, but they are not very comfortable for my old and repaired back so I replaced them with some lovely corbeau leather seats. I can take those out and sell separately if they are of no interest for you.

She sits on 4.5 inch steelies, and I've sourced some decent hubcaps. I've replaced the rear turn signal assembly with the correct bits, and recently replaced the oil return lines, one of the tubes (the others had already been done), and the spark plugs + wires, voltage regulator, battery, fuse block, and fuel lines from the tank to the hard line thru the tunnel, and from the rear of the tunnel in the engine bay.

bottom line - I think it is fairly rare, I think it is a good candidate for a serious restoration project, and all the original bits are there. paint is so-so, body is straight and original without any issues. save a few minor dents collected over the years.

This is a very reluctant sale - I'm CEO of a startup company looking for cash, and this is an asset that may help to get our renewable energy company off the ground. Can I buy it back later??

email is best way to reach me: tadink@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Revised price to $23,500

Since these are fairly hard to value - we'll place it at $23,500 or best offer..... a recent very nice car failed to sell at $35k on ebay - it did not reach the reserve! This one is not that nice, but still I think has good value for the right owner.

tadink@yahoo.com
    (email is best, leave you number and I'll call you back when I'm able)

thanks

td

Numbers Matching

obtained the engine number and wanted to add it to the mix here - this is an unrestored, original condition, non-rusty example of the 911. Engine number is 9114804 (although the last digit is very hard to read).

Engien number

Quote Originally Posted by tadink View Post
    obtained the engine number and wanted to add it to the mix here - this is an unrestored, original condition, non-rusty example of the 911. Engine number is 9114804 (although the last digit is very hard to read).
    Hi Tom,

You have and extra digit in your engine number. Could the last be like a
    * ? And also the engine number begin with one of those? I'd say your engine number looks to be original to your car. Like in this example for an S engine.

-Allen-

Yes, the engine # should be 911480. Can you get the build # from the engine as well please:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=24913
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

updates

Hi all -

she is in for a new clutch as we speak, and I'll get the compression test results and post them here as well.

I've had a couple of interested parties, and one that was inches from pulling the trigger on the deposit when his wife - beridden for her final month of pregnancy - said: "Honey, are you we are doing the right thing with this 2nd (!) porsche??" harumph, women just don't understand us!

The response has been that i'm being too harsh on the car's condition in my description above....it is much better than they expected to find. I'm just trying to be as open as possible in case this goes to some far off land - I don't want anyone to get what they don't expect to see. I have some other pix of the underside that I'll post as well....

Price back to $23,500 to reflect the clutch job and tuneup. Still open to offers.

thx

td

car number 307576

sorry about the bad focus, this was from my cell phone camera and it is clearly not up to the task.

I'll look for the build number as well for the record books....

New clutch and tune up

Hey all - thanks for looking at this -

UPDATE: got the car back from the mechanic, we put in a new clutch, new motor mounts, new fan/alternator belt (the pulley was out of round and causing that low frequency rumble, gone now), tuned the webbers, fixed the timing, swepco in the trans.

compression came back at 165-170 across all cylinders -

runs like a new car now! shifts great, 2nd gear synchro's not near as bad now that there is a clutch!

spent $2300

new price $23,500 or best offer, partial trades + cash considered.

hate to see her go now, I was having such a blast around town being able to get my foot into her now that the clutch is not slipping....hey, these things are really really fun to drive. Now I see what all the hubbub is about. ;-)

happy to answer questions or arrange a drive - pls call

tom
    415-816-3016
    tadink@yahoo.com

Price reduced to $18,750

This is an opportunity for someone - an unmolested 67 911 for under $20k with very little restoration needed?!

Sold $18,750

thanks for all your interest - car has been sold for $18,750

I still have access to it and will endeavor to get the engine number and build number for the record books....TD