Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ShadeTree Racing jack stands

ShadeTree Racing jack stands

No room in the shop, 1 car on the lift, so I'm relegated to using the driveway to adjust the alignment on the White car. Sheesh.

"I coulda had class, I coulda been a contenda, I coulda been somebody..."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Only in Vahmont ....

iffin we` bored a hole in ya head , maple syrup would flow you saphead! n I thought monkees out your butt was bad enough... Hope your well and looking forward to a visit in either direction, best to you and missus

Damon, the Honeymoon Suite, er, I mean the "Jungle Room Suite" is at your disposal. Come on up with your sweetheart and a fast car and we'll romp the mountain passes.

I had a spirited duel up and over the Appalachian Gap the other day with a tricked out Audi driven by some young gun tuner. The kid spent a fortune on wheels and tires, and pipes and chips, and springs, shocks, brakes, oh my. Gawd bless 'im though, he was still smiling (but humbled) when we pulled off on the other side... and I ran without any stickers at all!

RGruppe #183

Well, hardly any stickers.

RGruppe #183

I really appreciate your kind offer, and we WILL be up this summer.N-jeezum crow, today one ken git thar 'n 2 hours on that thar route 89,rather then 2 days on ol'bessy! I declined an offer on a trip to Alaska with my sweetie and her family the 1st week of July, have 4 late model P-cars for Celette work right now, all the resto work and NO HELP! ! As for spirited driving on the street, I have learned to save that for one week in may, and not in my neighborhood! One lap of America 2009, highlights-sebring one day, daytona the next, surreal! we finished 1st in vintage american, and 22nd overall, I did an amazing 7th on the wet skidpad, and followed at the end of the week with an 11th place on the dry skidpad. Mike and I split the track days in between. this was the 20th year of running this car, over 120k 1 lap miles, a true testament to Mikes dedication and tuning of the old girl. Now mind you this car has some different handling characteristics to which I am more inclined, and does take a bit of acclimation, but its got tires,steering wheel, HP and STICKERS TOO! a pic from last year at Texas, a forgotten track, notice the peeling paint on the sign, place looked like Chernobyl. I am thinking those jackstands were patented by the MericanIron folks, or maybe the greek fisherman...

Talking wholey crap

That's an unlikely pile o' iron for that kind of get-go. Why is "Dixie" playing in my head? Congrats, what a blast.

I like to drive slow corners fast, rather than autobahn speeds on 2 lane roads. The envelope edge at 60mph is a lot less trajic than it would be at 140, and I've run these turns forever. My backyard; thousands of feet of elevation, switchbacks, twisties, sweepers, short straights, 2nd and 3rd gear, rarely 4th. Still, there's no accounting for rocks in your side of the road, or dear, bear, cyclists, tourists, yahoos on bikes 'n cars.

I'm betting you guys had some adventures driving the cars from track to track.

Dude, I have every intention of getting over to your place to get sheet done. Bear with me.

RGruppe #183

a`few adventures and scenes like this,Southern Georgia- after a period of warp speed, my mirror told me to slow down, margo is driving the 944, still cruising, she slowed down too!! fortune has it , he was taking the next exit in a hurry...recalled a lyric in my head-" ..Learned not to say nasty things bout southern policeman's mothers.." Beach Boys, student demonstration time, from the album Surfs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    No room in the shop, 1 car on the lift, so I'm relegated to using the driveway to adjust the alignment on the White car. Sheesh.

"I coulda had class, I coulda been a contenda, I coulda been somebody..."
    You make my people proud. Got a still?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I'm still trying to figure how he drove the car up onto those stumps