Thread: WTB: Trottlebodies 2,2S

WTB: Trottlebodies 2,2S

Hi all.
    I need a good set of trottlebodies for a 70S. The car has been sitting for more than a year now () and I need to get it on the road to calm my nerves

I know it can be sent to Supertec and other places (the whole MFI setup probably should), but I would rather do that in the wintertime. The one I have on the car now is the original one and has been neglected for 40 years. The trottlebodies are impossible to adjust.

I´m now searching the forums in Scandinavia and here and hope to find a good set. NEED TO BE PLUG AND PLAY, if not it will only lead to more confusion and delay.

Regards,
    Radmund
    Mail: raadmund (at) gmail dot com
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Just in case you are interested, I have some plug and play '69S Mag Stacks and TBs - same dimensions, but slightly different part numbers. They will fit your engine just fine, but the parts aren't interchangable between the 2.2S stacks/TBs and the 2.0S stacks/TBs due to different stud spacing on the mating surfaces between the TBs and stacks.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hi,

In case it helps we could rebuild your Throttle bodies and have a few sets here now from Sweden/Denmark. These were re-bushed, bored, new butterflies made, re-faced and detailed.

HTH

Alan

Nice work Alan! My friend Schiefer are desperate to get his hands on some good TB's. What would the cost be for an exchange? (if you have some already finished)

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Photo

Thanks Kenikh and Alan for responding.
    Here is a picture... Not as nice as Alan´s
    I might be lucky to find a set in Sweden. If this is 2,2S and in OK shape, I will try to buy that one, but still interested in other solutions. Will keep you posted!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Definitely go with Alan! Quick turnaround and close to home.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hi and thanks for the kind words.

We can repair/refurb your throttle bodies and turn around time could be (if 100% required) just a few weeks. For prices please email/pm and let me know your requirements. The only way to remove the pitting around where the butterfly sits is to bore the shaft. We bore the shaft and make our own new butterflies with the correct chamfer. I have seen some rebuilt throttle bodies using carb butterflies but these use the wrong chamfer of 12 degrees.

Let me know if we can help. I have a set that will be finished today from a 69E and will post some pics.

Just as a side note, we have also started rebuilding webers. This has involved making our own over sized throttle shafts.

Thanks

I havea complete 2.2/2.4S MFI set-up that I had originally wanted to only sell as a complete set-up. To date however, I have only had interestd from people interested in the MFI pump (freshly rebuilt original 2.2 (009) pump by Gus at Pacific Fuel. The stacks are original plastic 2.4S stacks. The throttle bodies are original 2.2/2.4S have no play. Everything is ready to bolt on and use..
    PM a good offer if interested and I will sell separately.
    Thanks

Hi again,

The 69E TBs mentioned in my previous post are now done. These were bored out to 40mm on the inlet side.

Thanks

Alan