Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB or trade a Recaro Ideal S seat

WTB or trade a Recaro Ideal S seat

Hi,
    I'm in search of one of these seats. I would prefer a passenger seat. I would also trade against another seat I have. Let me know.

Thank you.

Thanks Yeti

I call those Safari seats. Reason is that seat was used in the passenger side of the 1973 RS rally cars that ran the African race. There is a picture of it in the RS book. According to the classic Recaro site they were made in the 71-73 years. They are the same as the tombstone seats used in the 911 from 74-77,except the headrests are not part of the seats, the headrest moves up and down. Very cool and rare seat.
    I happen to have a pair with the factory floor brackets. They are not really for sale, but you can email me direct at >eurotech@together.net<

Rick which head rest was used in the safari cars? I have such a seat w/ a peanut style headrest.

Richard

Recaro classic site

Hi Rick,
    I am just wondering - which classic Recaro site do you mean? I have been looking for one that shows all the different models but have not been successful so far..
    Thanks,
    Siegfried

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    I call those Safari seats. Reason is that seat was used in the passenger side of the 1973 RS rally cars that ran the African race. There is a picture of it in the RS book. According to the classic Recaro site they were made in the 71-73 years. They are the same as the tombstone seats used in the 911 from 74-77,except the headrests are not part of the seats, the headrest moves up and down. Very cool and rare seat.
    I happen to have a pair with the factory floor brackets. They are not really for sale, but you can email me direct at >eurotech@together.net<

Hm,
    I thought these seats came later (72-74) - but I had a look at a copy of the Recaro catalogue and it could be that these were offered also in MY 71 (properly pretty late). It shows the peanut style headrest. Interesting - the most expensive seat available in those days.
    A nice seat with a good side support that still looks classic with the old fashioned Recaro knobs. I like it and think about switching bucket seats and these style in the car depending on event, daily driver etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Yeti

60 surfer, the seat we are refering to is on the 3rd colum from the left, middle seat. Yeti, is this a old Recaro sales folder that you have? Never seen it. The reason it's the most expensive seat is that it has the heavier bolsters, and the seat back is very moveable,thus it cost the most to make. The one piece rally buckets that bring big money today, were the cheapest seats for them to make.
    Brian Fryer posted the link to the actual recaro site that showed the year these seats were made, that's where I got my info. He will probably see this thread and repost the link to their vintage area. I can't seem to get there. I'll attempt to post a picture from the RS book that shows this seat for those who don't have the book.

Richard, I don't think the RS book shows as high as the headrest, but the above post of the sales folder by Yeti, shows the headrest style.

Here is a picture of the seat Yeti is looking for along side of a regular 74-77 sport seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Not much surprises me on this board, but for Cabell to up with the ideal comparison picture for the question on this thread is simply AMAZING........

........ yeah, we'be'bad ....

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,
    All I had to do was to walk 50 feet with my camera. That's my 77 3.0 Carrera with MFI engine. I have the matching drivers seat to the right side, but I need to run the earlier broken it seat due to my fat butt.