Hello Everyone,

As many will remember I posted a bit ago about the problems we where having with Joe Cogbill, III and German Auto Dismantlers, Inc.

Here is a recap to remind everyone though. Back in June of 2008 Joe contract us here at Carquip to drop ship a transaxle directly to his customer in Illinois. I personally dealt with this, and unfornately did not know of the sorted past issues with dealing with German Auto Dismantlers.

I am sure that it will come as no surprise that we have never received payment on this invoice. Total amount of the Invoice? $3400.00

After many conversations, broken promises to pay, we decided to take him to court. A decision was rendered in our favor, however, as one might suspect, we still have not been paid.

After taking a plane from Colorado to Georgia, and having to go to court in Georgia, only to find out that even though we won our case, totaling $4218.50, we now had no way to enforce the judgement, is very upsetting.

At this point we don't really care about the money any longer, we are determined to see this man and his bad dealings taken care of once and for all.

After talking to the DA here in Colorado, we have been referred to the FBI in Gainsville to have Federal Charges levied again Joe Cogbill, III and German Auto Dismantlers, Inc. As this crime has taken place across state lines, it fall to them to bring charges against this company.

I have spoken to the FBI in Atlanta just a few moments ago. The agent has asked that I pass this information on to the Porsche Community, so here it is.

If you have been wronged in the past by German Auto Dismantlers, and Joe Cogbill, III, and wish to see him brought to justice here is the way to make this happen. Contact the Gainsville Branch office of the FBI, and tell them what has happened. The agent that I spoke with said the more people that called the better chance we would have of the FBI taking this case and seeing that the full weight of the FBI was brought to bear on Joe Cogbill.

We as a community have always tried to warn each other about people who sought to do us harm, or take advantage of us. German Auto Dismantlers, Inc. has long been one of the companies that we have all complained about. I myself received several phone calls from people and companies saying that he had cost them much more money then what he took me for, some as much as $20,000 at a crack. I realize that most people do not want to get involved in things like this, and I wish that I never had to be a part of this myself, but at this point, enough is enough, someone has to stand and say this is wrong, and I am not going to allow this to continue to happen.

Please, if you have ever had an issue with this company, or been taken advantage of, or received a bad check from, or have any information that would be helpful to the FBI, please contact the Gainsville Branch office of the FBI, at the following number, (770) 534-5111. Ask to speak with an agent and give your testimony about what happened to you.

If you have any questions that you would like to ask me about, or if there is anything that I can ever do to help any of you, please do not hesitate to contact me at the below phone numbers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you would please follow up with me if you have taken steps to call the FBI so that I can keep a record of how things are progressing.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell