Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything up in New York/East Coast

Anything up in New York/East Coast

Anything going on or been planned for New York or the East Coast?.

I am happy to help if anyone wants to get something going.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

John, there are some events that are on over the next few months such as:

Rally America Professional Championship
    July 11-12 New England Forest Rally, Bethel Maine

Lime Rock
    July 17-18 ALMS
    Sept 4-7 Vintage Festival

VSCCA (cars built before 1959)

July 3-4 Races w/ the Jaguar Club LRP
    Aug 22-23 Mt Equinox Hillclimb VT
    Sept 25-26 Fall races LRP

Watkins Glen
    July 3-5 Indycar
    July 11-12 SCCA Nationals
    Sept 11-13 SVRA Vintage GP

Mt Washington Hillclimb 2nd weekend of Sept?

Larz Anderson Auto Museum (on the lawn events)
    Aug 2 Tutto Italiano
    Sept 13 European Motorcycle Day
    Oct 11 VW Transporter Fest

These are Northeastern events, not specifically NY. Most NYers can easily attend Lime Rock etc.

There also is the 2nd Annual Delaware County Rally, on August 1st. Organised by Eric Wittenberg (he has a very nice Mexico Blue RS clone), it is in the northern catskills and runs from Bovina NY through Walton ... lots of backroads etc, until they get to Cooperstown NY for a late lunch at a brewery by the lake. Kickoff is 8am in Bovina, so you will have to get up early. Think of it as being in the movie LeMans and taking over from Delaney for the 6am shift

There is the Valley Rally in Virginia that several NY'ers/Northeasterners will attend this year. That is Sep18th in Staunton VA, with people driving down that morning. I was at RV 1 and 2, and they were fabulous.
    We drove down to do the Tail of the Dragon back in April, and that was a great road trip of a weekend.

There are also some talks of doing a Delaware River Run in August or September and Bucks County so that we can meet up with some of the Philly/South PA/Maryland gang and get NY'ers as well as NJ'ers together. There are a few runs down that way during the year as well.

What suits your fancy? Any ideas on the above, or of organizing something else?

All the best,

Karl
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Delaware County Rally

Gents,

We have set the route for the 1st of August. The roads and scenery should make for a fine ride-given the amount of rain we have seen, the area is more beautiful than usual. Think winding country roads passing old farms and scenic lakes. I'm sure there are plenty of B&B's in the area, at reasonable prices, if you decide to come up the night before and make a weekend of it. There will be many couples in attendance as well, so bring your significant other! I can also provide some great side roads if you are coming to bovina via the thruway. Email me at ericwitt (at) mac (dot) com for more details. Although we will have vintage porsches, all marques welcome-early BMW's, Alfa's, Brits...Route goes from Bovina down through Walton, up to Copperstown for lunch and over towards Tannersville/Phoenicia for dinner with stops along the way. We are asking for a suggested donation of $35 per car to support the Bovina General Store and the Bovina Historical Society.

Hope to see you there!
    Eric W.
    72 911T euro 3.2 T-Rally tribute
    73 CS30 original survivor
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    Colorado Grand 03/04/05/07/08/11/17/18
    RG # 650

Anything up in New York/ East Coast

Noreasters:
    Any interest in a run up Vermont's Rt 100. A convenient meeting spot would be RT's 91 and 2 in Greenfield,MA. The run would be Rts 2W,112 to 100N in
    Wilmington,VT (possible cut accross Green Mountain National forest) all the way up to Burlington. Optional Day 2 could be a ferry ride accross Lake Champlaign and down the NY shore. Its a great run with few traffic lights,
    stop signs, municipal employees or tailgaters. Late July,August or Sept. before the leaf peepers.
    Regards,
    50/50

Thanks for replying. Glad to hear we have some "stuff" going on. Those CA guys are doing stuff all the time.

I set my calender and will see you guys very soon.

All the best.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Also remember July 17th+18 is the ALMS at Lime Rock Park with a IMSA Porsche car corral, some of the drives on this link sound like fun, I drove the same route to Vermont last year and I regularly drive the Phonecia / Hunter Mtn , Ashokan area Ron
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

a little further out - September 12th

Mason Dixon Rally 4th edition

Yes the date is set....Saturday September 12th. It is the weekend after Labor day. No excuses now...put it on you calendar. Details will be forthcoming but wanted to get this out there. This event is organized by Jon in Delaware and is open to a range of marques.

pics from last year - need more long hoods ...

http://gallery.me.com/my79308gtb#100008
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

I did a solo run up through the adirondacks last august- followed the road across all of the lakes (from 87 north exit around warrensburg) passed through indian lake, long lake, tupper lake, saranac and lunched in lake placid, took the ferry across champlain at essex. Stayed in Burlington for the night and back down rte 100 the next day. Pure air cooled heaven!
    Eric W.
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    RG # 650

Delaware County Rally

UPDATE: Tha date for the rally will be on the 8th of August. We will meet at Russell's General Store in Bovina, NY for breakfast at 8:30 AM. Email me at ericwitt (at) mac (dot) com for more details. Although we will have vintage porsches, all marques welcome-early BMW's, Alfa's, Brits...Route goes from Bovina down through Walton, around the reservoir, up to Cooperstown for lunch and back to Bovina for a special dinner at Heaven (heavenonmainstreet.com). We are asking for a suggested donation of $35 per car to support the Bovina General Store and the Bovina Historical Society, which includes breakfast.
    Eric W.
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    RG # 650

1st proof rally poster

we have to re-write the copy, but should give you an idea...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Eric W.
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    RG # 650