Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group buy - tecnomagnesio feeler

Group buy - tecnomagnesio feeler

Hi is there any interest from forum members to purchase a set of magnesium wheels based around the tecnomagnesio style wheel , though with the centre modified to suit early 911/912?

Currently I am in discussion with a foundry who can/have produced these wheels (5 x 205 PCD) though have asked them to provide costs for modified centre and PCD. For the group buy to be feasible would need at least 20-30 people.

Please email interest to michel@iinet.net.au

attached is an image of the tecno wheel for reference.

cheers

Michel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool wheels. What size rims are you looking to have them do, 5.5, 6, 7? What would the price be if you can get 30 people to commit to a buy? Also, would they be produced in OZ and then have to be imported to the USA?

Weight? Offset?
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

Hi

the wheels are magnesium. The current wide 5's in the photo weigh 3.5kg or 7.6lbs each. Current wheels are 15 x 5.5 inch. For the current wheel (pictured) offset is measured at 157 mm from the inside edge of the rim to the mounting face.

I am speaking with the foundry to see if they can modify tooling to suit the change in PCD. I imagine that weight of the wheel is more as there would be a greater amount of metal in the revised wheel as there is a greater surface area in the 901 style.

Wheels would be made in Europe and then shipped to relative destinations.

For the wheel pictured we are trying to have it cost less than $800 per wheel all inclusive. My be unrealistic still waiting to have all costs supplied.

The tecnomagnesio wheel was selling for $495 per wheel + shipping etc 5 years ago.

PLease post preferred width, offset etc - though the wheel if ordered to suit 911/912 will be rationalised to one type due to cost.

Please email me if you have an interest: michel@iinet.net.au

cheers

Michel

tecnomagnesio

Still seeking general interest and feedback - no one interested in a magnesium version of the steel wheel?

Michel

I would be interested if the widths could be 6s and 7s. However its probably not cost effective. Dont get me wrong they are cool wheels, but limiting them to 15x5.5 is just not that appealing I would imagine for many, with the popularity of Fuchs these days, I think that it might be difficult for you to get 20-30 people at 800$ a wheel.

But who knows mabey Im wrong, I would be game for a set of 7s even 6s but not interested in 5.5s.

JW
    72T Coupe - hotrod.
    72S "Tangie"
    73S Poop Brown
    69T Irish Green
    69S Secret Project
    S Registry Dues Paying member #1438

wheels

Hi Johnny,

thanks for the feedback - with the pricing I indicated that we are seeking to get the pricing inclusive of shipping less than $800.00 per wheel.

Will be posting all details once they are all known - pricing, shipping etc

Regards

Michel Starling

Jason Bobruk

I think 15" x 7" would be a popular size with the 911R offset.

Would these wheels be suitable for track use?

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I think 15" x 7" would be a popular size with the 911R offset.

Would these wheels be suitable for track use?

Thanks,
    Indeedy do!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

5.5" would do nothing for me but if you made a run of 7's I would be interested, depending on final price.