Thread: Help please

1971 911T Irish Green

Help please

If anyone could help, would be appreciated. I just received my CofA from Porsche for my 1971 911T and the "date of birth" or :"delivery date" was "Not Available". The VIN is 9111102530. If helpful, the engine number is 6118095.Would anyone be able to help with an approximate date of birth? From looking at a couple of websites etc seems to be very early 1971 or late 1970. I could be wrong though.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Johnson

VIN 911 110 1037, engine 6111743, built late 1970, delivered Jan 27th/1971, RoW-swiss
    Info from period factory/importer AMAG Wagenkarte document (not CofA).
    Registry member No.773

Chris,

Check out this thread discussing the running '71 model changes to various items like wheels, mirrors, etc. Tom Fender has a '71T coupe very close in sequence to your coupe and still has the US DOT door jam decal that shows July '71.

So I would think that both of these cars were probably made in the spring of '71 sometime.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=18638
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

My 71T has a build date of 3/71 and is 9111121839.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Scott,

Whitey is a Karmman built coupe and Chris has a Porsche built coupe so I'm not sure these can be compared to each other. Guess we have another topic to debate now.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

1971 911T Irish Green

VIN help

Thanks to all for the information and the PMs. Puttting all of this together and the thread that was referenced for 2008, it appears that my car was made in May or June of 1971. To reference to the earlier thread, my Irish Green car with black interior has the Durant mirror, the hood for the engine has the Porsche letters in gold and the 011T in silver and the grill for the engine is silver. The wheel option on the CofA are "light metal wheels 6Jx15" which I would guess are the shallow Fuchs.

Again thanks

Chris Johnson