Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 71 coupe beige interior parts

WTB: 71 coupe beige interior parts

I don't need front seats or carpet, just basketweave door panels, rear side panels and rear seats. Thanks.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Bump in case someone has come across the pieces I need.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

@aircooledph on Instagram jaldeguer's Avatar

Tan

Hi,

I've just recently come across a couple of TAN door panels on ebay; one i think had the basket weave material. Not a 100% though but worth checking.

Jay
    @aircooledph on Instagram

Tom,

This is going to be kinda tough, even with a great color monitor. I've got a near flawless set of tan sport seats that are supposedly 71, but I haven't had anyone send me a correct color panel yet that matches!! I've had 3 different OE tan door panels so far...of course they could be 69 or 70, but it's a major pita...sent them all back.

Try "uplife" on ebay, pm him direct and mention me.

Good luck!! I'll pass along what I find...

e

Hi,

There were several shades of tan in 71. 2 for leather and what was supposed to match in vinyl. In case a pic helps

I have a pair taken from a 71 car in very nice original condition. These are vinyl in the lighter of the two leatherette samples, these are in the UK.

Thanks

Alan

I think that my best bet might be to dye the door and side panels that I have now. Has anyone tried this?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    I think that my best bet might be to dye the door and side panels that I have now. Has anyone tried this?
    Tony has told me that the newest products out are very good...not sure how you get access to them, but he's told me he has a supplier that can match any color. Haven't tried it... keeping it in my back pocket for the moment as I'd still like to find the oe colored panels.

Here's the seats that I have....

E
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try Color-Plus for their Surflex product recommended to me by John Paterek and Pete Bartelli. I've used it with very impressive results on a 59'A original interior to just blend in some sun bleached spots. I don't know how it compares to Tony's stuff but Surflex works very well. It is a water base however, and, they cannot match a two tone vinyl such as cinnamon. SS

One other thing on dyeing basket weave is you must spray. Otherwise you will load up the low spots if you use a brush. A natural bristle brush works great on regular vinyl. Multiple tinned out coats should do the trick on BW. SS

Thanks, Steve. I used Sur-Flex on the lobster interior in my old Turbo. The color match was perfect, in every kind of natural or artificial light. But that was leather, and I wonder if it's as good on vinyl. Did you use it on vinyl?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA