Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 MB 280SL - since we all love pretty cars!

1969 MB 280SL - since we all love pretty cars!

IF you want your wife/significant other to continue to indulge this porsche obsession you seem to have, buy her this. While your wife/significant other is driving this, they will not think about how you are spending your money on p-cars. How do I know? hmmmm, I wonder....

1969 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, UNRESTORED original. 2.8L Auto. Numbers Matching. Why UN-restored? – it does not need it! Nothing hidden, what you see is what you get. Excellent example – not only never out of CALIF - never out of the SF BAY AREA, never driven in the rain. Beautiful original condition, NO RUST anywhere. A survivor. Recent engine rebuild, drives strong, shifts smoothly. Full documentation for every mile driven – 3 owner, current owners for 12+ years. Deep Red, Black Hardtop, Black Softop, Black interior. Original carpets in great shape. Paint is excellent, interior is excellent, dash and wood trim are excellent. Needs (almost) nothing – one small tear on drivers seat, one small blemish to front wheel arch, driver’s side. 189k careful miles, but you cannot tell by looking. This is what happens when you are careful and respectful of a beautiful automobile....it turns into an appreciating asset. a VERY Reluctant sale – Asking $37,500 or best offer - selling to fund a renewable energy startup....also looking for investors if anyone is interested. tadink@yahoo.com 415-816-3016 $37,500 OBO

also in hemmings at http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tive&id=882089
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Pagoda.

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

benz

.....that is a handsome car....

GL w/ sale.

Thumbs up

These SL's were all good...

But the newer and bigger displacement cars, like this one, were even better.......

Good luck on the sale
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Love the SL

Not to hijack, but since we rarely discuss this great car, here's my '71 280SL, unrestored and just over 70K miles from being sold new in Santa Barbara.

Wish I could drive it more than I do

Tadink raises a good point, as I probably would have sold it due to lack of use, if I didn't think it would break my wife's heart. The couple of times I brought the subject up, I've been pounced on with something to the effect of, "But you have those Porsches to play with! What about something I like?"

And it goes without mentioning the emotional attachment she (and kinda' I) have with the car, as we drove away from the church in it at after our wedding ceremony. Top down, of course...the car's, that is!

The only mildly warm/neutral response I got about letting the car go was when I mentioned possibly replacing it with a 356 Cab. That slightly piqued her interest, as she loves those things.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Miami, FL (previously Las Vegas, NV & Macau, China)

I've got one too!

Sometimes its nice just to cruise around and these SLs have the most comfortable seats!
    Carlo M., Registry #1513
    1972 Porsche 911S Targa (Silver Metallic) [SOLD]
    1987 Porsche 930 (Silver Metallic)
    1998 Porsche 993 Carrera S (Vesuvio Metallic / Vesuvio Package)
    1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (Rosso Corsa)
    A couple of Land / Range Rovers for daily use and baby transport
    My first car (at age 15 in 80s): 1983 Porsche 911SC (Guards Red with period gold BBS wheels)!

HA!! too funny - how many Porsches share the garage with ...

this is too funny, I wonder how many P-cars share the stable with SL's?

glad to see I'm not the only one - - but I thought my idea of getting mrs. her own SL was something original??!!!

nope, not that original it seems!!

cheers

td

Back when MB built a solid car.

We've got a 560SL that is a one owner car since new. The doors on these SL's up to '89 had a real feel of quality to them. The car drives nicely and I while selling it has been the focus of a few "how many is too many debates", every time it goes out the "what could you replace it with that would have the same quality?" argument comes up.
    It also pulls nicely for a mid-80's 2 seater.
    For Chuck it would be a good one since it makes the very distinct big V8 "intake noise" I know he recalls from a misspent youth, flipping air cleaner tops.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thumbs up

For Chuck it would be a good one since it makes the very distinct big V8 "intake noise" I know he recalls from a misspent youth, flipping air cleaner tops.
    ...................................... Ya'Think ?......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

sl's

love the old sl and newer ones
    '71 280sl
    '86 560 with 8,000 miles
    '01 sl600 with 11,000 miles- personal favorite
    '03 sl55amg with 5000 miles
    '98 230slk daughter's car

I MAY SELL THE '86 560SL WITH 8000 MILES NOT A MARK OR SCRACH ON IT ABSOLUTELY BRAND NEW;DARK BLUE WITH TAN ,SEATS LOOK AS NEVER BEEN SAT ON