Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ventura Show - Hotel/Reception - Take 2

Exclamation The Ventura Show - Hotel/Reception - Take 2

The Ventura Show on Oct. 3 and 4. Marriott Hotel Reservation and Reception Information.

We have 8 rooms left for Sat. night at the Marriott and the cut-off date has been extended to 9-8, contact the hotel directly by the link at the bottom of the page. We have room for more people for the Reception on Sat. late afternoon in the parking lot at the Marriott, please see the information below.

The Ventura Show Video

The show is on! For the second year in a row, World Class Motoring will be putting on the Ventura Show and it will in the same format as last year at the Ventura Fairgrounds. The new dates are October 3 and 4. They are working closely with Bob Campbell to make this goes very smoothly.

The information on reservations for the Marriott Hotel on Fri and Sat, Oct 2 and 3 is at the bottom of this page, right click on the link and it will take you directly to the Marriott website reservation form. The Marriott Hotel is located at 2055 East Harbor Blvd, Ventura, 805-643-6000, about 1 mile from the Fairgrounds. The rate is $139.00 for a single or double room, the standard rate is $195.00. We have 15 rooms for Fri. night and 30 rooms for Sat. night. The remainder of the hotel is sold-out for these dates; the only way to reserve a room is through the link at the bottom of the page. The hotel reservations must be in by Fri. 9-1. Like last year, we will have a reception in the front parking lot of the Marriott in the reserved parking area for the Early 911S Registry and R Gruppe member's cars. We will have free hors d'oeuvers and a cash bar for members of the Early 911S Registry and R-Gruppe and we welcome guests, but will have to charge each guest $10.00 to help cover the cost of the food. Please RSVP to John Dilger at johndilger@aol.com or 714-834-0250 with your membership number and the number of guests so that we can order the correct amount of food. If you are planning to attend The Ventura Show, please come by The Early 911S Registry Booth (Same locations as last year) and pick up your pass for the reception. Please email me, johndilger@aol.com with any questions or call me at 714-235-4981.

John Dilger
    Early 911S Registry

Greetings:

As your Marriott International Representative, I want you to know that online room reservations are now just a click away!

Simply cut and paste any of the three links below and include with your electronic correspondence to facilitate the reservation process. Your guests will be directed to the property's home page with the code already entered in the appropriate field. All they need to do is enter their arrival date and departure date to begin the reservation process.

Ventura Beach Marriott

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...toDate=10/4/09
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Exclamation About 8 weeks away........

PLEASE make your hotel reservations and email John your RSVP for our S Registry Reception ASAP..........

I think most thought last year's Registry reception was a BIG highlight of last year's event weekend ......

Be there !!! ....... don't miss out

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

The link you posted for John's email has a www. which turns it into an aol web site, not what you had in mind?

BTW reservations made and RSVC sent, Thanks for all the efforts to put this on.

Thumbs up

Bob,

The link you posted for John's email has a www. which turns it into an aol web site, not what you had in mind?
    Link to his email fixed ....... will have to 'talk' to John for sending it to me that way.........

BTW reservations made and RSVC sent, Thanks for all the efforts to put this on.
    Looking foward to see'n'ya bud ...... Thanks for your support

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Exclamation Just in from John D.

The Ventura Show is coming up on Oct. 3 and 4 and the cut off date for rooms at the Marriott is Sept. 1. We have one room left on Fri. and 5 rooms left on Sat. The information to reserve a room is at the end of this email.

The reception for members of the Early 911S Registry and R Gruppe is on Sat evening in the parking lot of the Marriott. Please RSVP back to me so we can order the right amount of food.

John Dilger
    Early 911S Register
    ESSES Editor
    johndilger@aol.com
    714-235-4981

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...toDate=10/4/09
    John Dilger's been knocking himself out on this one...

Lets get these last rooms reserved....... and PLEASE RSVP John ASAP on the reception...... last year was a BLAST!!!... A time to relax, drink, tire kick, drink, socialize, drink, eat good appetizers, and drink.......

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Ventura "Porsche-Fest"

OK...we're ready... RES and RSVP made to John.../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

I'll be heading up Saturday for just the day. Is there a group going up on Saturday?

Paul

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-HB View Post
    I'll be heading up Saturday for just the day. Is there a group going up on Saturday?

Paul
    In the past, Saturday has always had a run including a breakfast at the Camarillo Airport. The initial meeting spot is off the 101 Fwy at o'dark thirty. I haven't seen anything yet. I think last year Marco organized it.

ok...sounds good. Will keep my eyes out for it.

Paul

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-HB View Post
    ok...sounds good. Will keep my eyes out for it.

Paul
    I just realized you and I sat together at the last breakfast. Of course you know when and where this works. I just don't know if anyone has called the airport restaurant to arrange for staff to be there for our group. IIRC, it was individual pay, so they just needed to know the approx size of the crowd.

We had quite a few last time, didn't we? I remember about 4 long rows of cars.

I had an inquiry from the Gran Prix region of the PCA about this run. They might add a dozen or so cars if they are invited/informed.