Thread: Porsche Muffler Skirt SWB LWB

Porsche Muffler Skirt SWB LWB

Muffler Skirt

SWB Skirt is NOS $2200
    LWB Skirt is very nice condition $1100

jasonkim@hotlinetelecom.com

LWB muffler skirt is sold pending payment

I am very interested in reproducing these. Is someone working on this? I am not trying to turn a profit, I would just like to be able to have a reproduction part for a reasonable price for my car and hopefully at least 15-20 other individuals. I have heard others' desire for these parts but I am under the impression the project is stillborn.

Biggastank, my understanding is the SWB and LWB versions are the same for the middle part, with different side curved parts. I don't know if you are interested in assisting a reproduction effort, but I would be willing to compensate you well for your "lending" me one piece at a time to model in a design program. Of course, the utmost care and speedy turnaround (days) would be the prerogative for doing this.

If I have overstepped/hijacked this thread, my apologies in advance. Will delete upon request.

Regards,

Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

I have blanks cut out of metal, and a cad draving that can be loaded on a machine, but the shaping is proving to be different. I would be interesting in knowing how you can shape these if you are going to reproduce them.
    -----

71 911E RS Clone (Analog)
    88 928 S4 (V8 Trans Axle)
    99 996 (Daily Beater)

Early S Registry # 1278

3D Sheetmetal modeling in SolidWorks CAD

Basically it is all splines and such, defining curves. Can be done using templates and then input to the design software. Shaping most likely done by machining a die and then pressing them out.
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

The SWB skirt is still for sale would like to see these on a car one day. Sorry about not responding to the messages did not check till now. I finally received the payment for the LWB skirt so just up dateing.

The SWB skirt is still for sale would like to see these on a car one day. Sorry about not responding to the messages did not check till now. I finally received the payment for the LWB skirt so just up dating.

Price drop on SWB muffller skirt $2100