Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate R thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dmill View Post
    I believe the Gold R is a tribute to Hugh Heishmans Gold R. Which he painted Gold because he thought it would stand out on the track and NOT because his wife had a gold Caddy. Sadly we lost Hugh a couple of years ago during COVID.....Truly a gentlemen
    Sorry to read the Sad news of the original owner of 015R
    I love the taste of this Gentlemen.

The good point is that the fantastic car that he bought so many years ago seems to still be in extremely good hands and receiving beautiful care.
    You can see 015R at his current home with a great family right here :
    https://www.stuttcars.com/ranson-web...and-collector/

Yes, "funny" that the most attractive 911 present at Luftgekuhlt to my eyes was a "tribute" !
    Still, I fully agree that it was an extremely nicely build tribute.

Most probably, many of us here would remember that "the real" 015R was present during Rennsport Reunion 2015 in Laguna Seca!

009R
    "Look. You have opened an interesting melon.

It turns out that in this country (I don't know how it is in others), the legal documentation for a vehicle is not the one issued by the manufacturer, but the one printed by the importer or regional government that links a registration plate to a chassis number, but It is not the intrinsic documentation of the vehicle such as the certificate of technical conformity, which is issued by the manufacturer itself, but the documentation linked to its national registration... it is something that usually goes unnoticed for the purposes of ordinary cars with a certain useful life and a market value limited to its usability in circulation, but which acquires importance when we talk about cars that have a run in the international arena, independent of the license plate assigned to them at the time by the regional government on duty or their ability to circulate on certain public roads. ...

It may be the case that the same vehicle (chassis number) has legitimate documentation in different countries, linked to the same chassis number, but to different vehicles, if a chassis number can be re-stamped on a virgin chassis, the number could be doubled. The existence of a specific unit in two different countries... is something absolutely crazy, but in these cases of absurdly expensive vehicles it can happen despite seeming bizarre.

The original owner keeps the documentation and sells the original chassis in another market... later the chassis is re-stamped in a spare part based on the original documentation... ironically the original model can never be legalized again in the original country where it ceases to be be legitimate... on the other hand, it can continue to be appreciated in the rest of the world because in FACT it is the original, which ironically, will never be able to return to the country of origin, because there it has been replaced by a replacement...:Floor:

It's hilarious for cars with four coves, but when we talk about millions of euros it scares... furthermore, I imagine the official on duty, absolutely convinced that the true and legitimate model is the re-stamping"
    https://www.soloporsche.com/xf/index....105015/page-2

there are too many edit answers but maybe someone will find it interesting to read. Not long ago, they sent me a message on Facebook where they asked me about the statute of limitations for a crime, a theft of a vehicle in Spain. This topic, in that post, cites some information regarding those topics. If someone wants to be aware of it... you can click the link.

I believe this photo of Sigi Lang and his 907-025 #197 was taken at the Payerne slalom held on 18 April 1970. Is the blue car in the background a 911R?

Name:  IMG_4511.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4513.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  78.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gratz View Post
    I believe this photo of Sigi Lang and his 907-025 #197 was taken at the Payerne slalom held on 18 April 1970. Is the blue car in the background a 911R?

Name:  IMG_4511.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4513.jpg
Size:  78.2 KB
    Maybe on the blue car it says "Wicky"?
    Name:  wick.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  71.7 KB

um... I have no doubt right now that it is a Wicky vehicle. In detail, you can see the headlights embedded in the hood

this car;
    https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...dre-wicky.html

I asked the archive directly about that vehicle, they told me it was not an R

Name:  PHOTO_RALLYE_CRITERIUM_INTERNATIONAL_ALPIN_1970_PORSCHE_911_S_PLAQUE1585663027 (1).jpg
Size:  76.7 KB
    +
    umm from what I know, on the internet there must be a photo of this vehicle in green on top of some hydraulic jacks
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-02-2023 at 10:21 AM.

I believe this is the Wicky car discussed earlier as likely a 911S with R front fenders. The off center fuel fill is seen on that car as well.

Last mention

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1018591

A shot of 911R prototype R1, serial number, 305876 at the 1969 Course de Côte d'Hebécrevon driven by René Mazzia who finished 2nd overall.

It is interesting to see that both horn grills were taped shut, but the hood scoop was not obstructed.

Name:  IMG_4589.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  132.9 KB

Great picture Eric! You always find the gems.

In cold weather they block off horn grill inlets to keep oil temps up, that is what they are doing here for twin oil coolers. It looks cold out! Now the hood scoop in my opinion is for fresh air to the cabin. The attached picture shows vents installed on the dash (Mercedes vents by the way) they have veins to direct air around which is brought into the trunk area via the scoop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Brad Davis; 12-21-2023 at 10:21 AM.
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Another shot showing a vent at the far left gauge position on the dash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

I would be interested in a better picture of the passenger seat of the R1. could be a 4-leg.

regards uwe

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Also great shot of cracks on the Monza steering wheel center, when u blow up the pix, a common problem.