Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1972 911 Washer Bottle and Pump- $55

FS: 1972 911 Washer Bottle and Pump- $55

From a low mileage car (78K) - was strapped to the firewall because the car was originally delivered with AC. In very good original condition - Motor works.

$55 plus shipping and any PayPal fees. I am located in New Haven CT 06510.
    Attached Images Attached Images

washer bottle and pump

I will take it.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

I'll take them. Pm sent

Almost as soon as I put this up the registry, I received an "I'll take it" PM at 2:30 - without a public post. Therefore, pending receipt of funds, the item has been sold.

Thanks for your interest.

Keith

Any chance you have the bracket thingy that the strap to hold the bottle connects to at the top? I believe that this small bracket would be secured to the car by the same bolt that holds the cardboard partition on the upper driver's side. Thanks. Tom
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

It's '69-'73 lwb washer bottle - there's no 'strap' - it's located by a sheet metal 'bracket' at the bottom & the neck goes thro' a hole (with rubber grommet) in the latch panel.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Andy,

On factory A/C cars, the washer bottle is relocated to the LHS of the shelf where the smugglers box door lies. (This is for LHD cars, I don't know about RHD ones.) The small bracket that supports the bottle from below is welded to the shelf, and a rubber strap secures the bottle against the cardboard partition. This is done to make room for the front condenser fan.

Someone secured the top part of the strap in my car directly to the cardboard (probably because they lost whatever it was that is supposed to secure the top clip on the strap), which isn't strong enough.

This begs for a photo, but I don't have access to a camera, now.

Tom
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

PM sent
    Thanks, Al

Tom - thanks for that info - I never knew that !

If someone has a photo of that positioning of the washer bottle it would be interesting to see.

Keith - sorry for the hijack
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Andy:

No worries. I removed this bottle years ago and since I no longer have the car and can only vaguely remember how it was attached, I'm afraid I don't have much to add to what has already been posted here.

Keith