Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael schumacker to race in 2009!!!!

Michael schumacker to race in 2009!!!!

Yes, it is true. The Master is returning......WOW!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

In Moto GP?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Wink Henry, U sure bout that?

Quote Originally Posted by hgarazo View Post
    His Mgr. - Willi Weber (sp?) just went on record stating that there were no such plans for Michael to get back in the cockpit. The rumors flew hot & heavy immediately following Massa's hit. The big rumor mill has either Shu or Alonso getting that seat. Personally, I don't think either one of 'em will get it...there's more talent for less money running around that paddock. Don't forget - without Brawn's support, Michael probably wouldn't have gone as far as he did (we'll never know at this point, anyway) - But Brawn's a genius...without him on board, I'm not convinced Shumacher would be all that great a fit as Massa's stand-in...However, I've been wrong many times before, and the first to admit that

At any rate, Let's all hope for a healthy recovery for Massa, regardless of who ends up in his car.

Just a thought.

Cheers
    R/Thom

Quote Originally Posted by hgarazo View Post
    It's only true if you believe everything you read in "Bild" magazine, sort of a german edition of Nat'l. Enquirer. They ran the story without any corraboration and even Nikki Lauda, who has a pretty good insider line to Maranello, doesn't know enough about it to confirm the rumor. So far they're the only publication to run the story.

I'll believe it when I see it......an by that I mean, 40-year old Micael Schumacher strapped into a candy-red F-60 in Valencia, the red lights just went out........... and he's fighting for the first corner.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Believe.....

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...29190859.shtml

"Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro intends to put Michael Schumacher in Felipe Massa's car until the Brazilian driver will be able to race again," the team stated.

"Michael Schumacher said he is ready and over the next few days will undertake a specific training programme at the end of which confirmation will be given of his participation in the championship with effect from the European Grand Prix on the 23rd of August."

A controversial figure despite his massive success in Formula One, Schumacher will be the centre of attention later this month as the series regroups following the summer break."

QED
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Well, anything can happen; he still has to get fit and up to speed so to speak, but he's got 4 weeks to do it ... It's looking pretty true ...

http://www.formula1.com/
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Now all we need is Mika back in the McLaren, but seriously this should really be interesting to see how Kimi and Shummie get on with one another. Will Kimi step up? MS should not have a problem with the slicks or KERS but Ferrari has been off all year and even MS may not be able to overcome that. It sure would be cool if he could get a win. Undoubtedly F-1 TV ratings will be off the hook.
    Stay tuned.

Wink Sure looks that way, doesn't it?

I just saw a good-sized writeup on CNN about Shu's return to the cockpit...this is a real 180 from the initial acounts I read about him staying out of the car. This is gonna get interesting - real fast. And I mean that in a good way.

So, Henry G. was right, after all... I guess we'll get to see how much fire Shu has left in him, eh? This has been a rather entertaining F1 season...only to get even more engaging with this development.

Again, let's all hope for the best in Massa's recovery.

I'm looking fwd to seeing the next race, now...

cheers
    R/Thom

I think this is a perfect way for him to get his toes back in the water. Half a season, helping Ferrari out, all the good tracks, who could blame him!
    Early 911S Registry #263

Well, he already missed the Nuerburgring and Monaco so it is not perfect as far as the good tracks.

How will this cut into his Superbike/MotoGP "just for fun" racing?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425