Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member post test

New member post test

..just checking, more soon..
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

Welcome Mat (no pun intended )

How about a photo to show the suede silver paint !
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Yes, test post failed due to lack of a photo.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Welcome Matt!

In addition to a photo you are also required to send a case of Marlborough Sauv. Blanc to each respondent of your initial thread. You are encouraged to mix up brands as well.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Thanks for the responses- and views! Cam, Dave & Eric: tough crowd

Just managed to register last night before the girls (4 months & 3 years ) got the better of me again. Thank goodness for sanity (read sauvignon, Marlborough as suggested. We have a glut situation going on at the moment; too much production, too fewer population lol. I'm doing my best to help the cause

Between now and the next post I'll learn how to attach images. But some background is needed?

I bought my first and only 911, 9112110339 soon after turning 30. They say Porsche at 30, Ferrari at 40 so I was doing my bit for stats . I've always liked older 'classic' cars and nearly got swayed by the 356 before sampling early MFI howl. So I was intending to import my own pre 73 when I found a vendor who had done the hard work already and imported a decent cheap old 911 into NZ to fund other imported Detroit steel, which average Kiwi's lap up like honey. I found myself owning a nice ex Arizona 72 T with 85K original miles, in 1999.
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

I'm a marine biologist guy by trade, but have always loved working on cars and am handy with spanners and a torch. I did a stint in the UK professionally restoring British cars and returned to NZ intent on owning something to work on to pass the time. Have done (and still do) like old Benzes, but the Silver Bullet became my daily driver for 5 years despite honest intentions to bare metal paint & beautify as funds allowed (they never do...).
    Great years, and I married my co pilot and bought sensible cars to ferry kids.
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

As time went on, I started to dig my suede paint (repaint of dodgy orig. 72 factory job, 936 code) and started to polish it rather than polish the Devilbiss in readiness for a fresh coat.

Which brings me here. Thanks to John Gausden's heroic efforts in assembling the NZ Early 911 registry, I'm having fond memories of the old bus once again, and bought her out in the sunshine today and went for a quickie round the block (note: sunshine is weak, it's mid winter here- enthusiasm is at most 71%) What you see, give that I can upload some pics, is how she is after zero use for 3 years apart from covering from head to toe in WD40 and burying in the garage. I HAVE NOT made any attempt to beautify or polish or present in a misleading manner. Plugs were fouled, and the kids told me 'it smelled' LOL viva le Longhood!
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

Thes pics just arn't loading. Any tips?? I'm getting frustrated
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

Barn find- circa 10 years
    Early 911 NZ member
    Suede Silver Paint Club

ok, next if it works