Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Authenticity Question Re. 1973 E Interior

Smile Authenticity Question Re. 1973 E Interior

What is the correct color for headliner (with sunroof), ivory, black or?, and what inserts were available for Recaros? I am most interested in paterns and colors such as hounds tooth or herringbone, for gold metallic exterior paint.

Is there a helpful soul with an original, unmolested, 1973 E who would be willing to answer occassional authenticity questions?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Scott

Tom

PM sent

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Hi Tom,

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We have 3 x 73 cars in the workshop at the moment and I have lots of pics of others we have had here in the past.

Here are some pics from the 72-73 colours charts from Porsche in that era.

On these (sorry the pic is only small) the top selection is the standard colour chart and the bottom special extra.

HTH

Alan

Hi Tom,

My UK new sunroof '73E came with and Ivory headliner and Houndstooth recaros.

The car was without the seats when i bought it and wondered what the early911 seats are like? On their website they say they are a modern version... can anyone tell me if they are similar or identical?

Cheers

Just acquired today....

1973 Dealer book with fabric and paint samples.... (there's a 1975 book in the pic as well).

Note that I have blk/white, and tan/black/white houndstooth if you need.

regards,
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are very nice Eric.
    I have a similar set for the 70-71 MY.

Alan

rabrsr
    I recently did a bare metal all nuts and bolts off the car restoration of my 1970 911S and also redid the interior. My research came up with the headliner color being whatever was available that day. White, black - take your pick.

Good luck
    Bob Britton
    Early 911S Registry # 551

1972 RSR Replica ("Excellence" car)
    1970 911S
    2002 575M F1
    2010 GT3

Tom:
    My car is gold and it came with tan leather interior and tan corduroy inserts on standard seats
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Pictures of my '73 E are here
    http://www.911e.org/microsite.php?9113200707.
    Light Ivory, tan interior, sportseats with houndstooth inserts. Original paint and interior. Matching engine/transmission rebuilt by Gordon Ledbetter a few years ago.

Bill M
    Bill Morris

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    Pictures of my '73 E are here
    http://www.911e.org/microsite.php?9113200707.
    Light Ivory, tan interior, sportseats with houndstooth inserts. Original paint and interior. Matching engine/transmission rebuilt by Gordon Ledbetter a few years ago.

Bill M
    Smith's old car... unbelievable condition,...this car sat in Pano for years before Smith went and looked at it (everyone thought it was overpriced). You can't remotely believe it has the mileage that it does. Car looks like it's a year old...if that.

E