Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 73s rs look

73s rs look

Hi guys,just driving my convert a lot more than my coupe and even though it probably isn't the best time to sell I figured I would put it up for sale and see what happens.I have pics I can email as I havn't been able to put them here however I will keep trying.
    the car is a U S version with what I believe to be matching #s although I didn't bother getting a coa yet,It has 89000 mls with history from the last 15 years.beond that I only know it was purchased new by a professional football player.
    I had the fuel system taken apart including rebuild of the mfi pump over the winter as well as gas tank polished as well as injectors so the car runs great.
    the paint is 12 years old but looks incredible,it is Arctic silver but should be Gemini blue.
    Not sure of a value somewhere in the $40s,feel free to tell me if I am off base with this although searching through ebay and such it is amazing what gets this kind of money.Thanks for reading.Marty

Lightbulb

Marty,

Some pictures would help.......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,I have pics on email from the appraiser,I just haven't figured out how to put them up yet.there is also a thread from last year titled "value of a bastard?"that shows thge car although since then I have put a 73 rs bumper and a Dansk stainles twin pipe sport muffler on it so in my opinion anyway it looks much better.thanks though for the advise.Marty

Yes, please bring on the pictures.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

lets try again
    Attached Images Attached Images

that was easy enough and one more for the road.thanks for your patience.Marty
    Attached Images Attached Images

not getting a whole lot of response,is this a reflection of the times or the car?Marty

Marty;

I would say both ;
    Aziz ; VARIOUS PORSHAS

Marty;

PM sent ;
    Aziz ; VARIOUS PORSHAS

Quote Originally Posted by happytohaveone View Post
    not getting a whole lot of response,is this a reflection of the times or the car?Marty
    Hopefully you'll take this just as some good hearted constructive criticism.

A bit more info would probably do you a whole lot of good to market the car, like:

Original delivery location
    VIN
    Engine #
    Engine type#
    Displacement
    Compression numbers and leakdown etc.
    Gearbox impressions
    Flares in steel or FG
    List of shops in the maintenance history you have.

etc...

There are a couple of things I see in your pictures that are abnormal for a 73 that would make me question past work like the carpeting and black paint in trunk. Mirrors which are easy to replace but are incorrect for a "RS look".

You've got some pluses like the sport seats and it's not a 2.7 CIS.

You might want to loose the RS look reference and just list it as modified. I for one get frustrated with cars that are listed as a RS look or clone but, are far from it aside from flares and an aftermarket duck
    Providing proactive info will go a long way in returns.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586