Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    No, but I think Max Mosely was
    RIM SHOT!!!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    I didn't get any Spam in my eMail? Never got any virus warnings. Computer seems to be working fine.
    I traced my problem back to an email that someone sent me. It was one of those political emails that asks you to "forward it to all your friends". I wish people wouldn't fall for this trap (crap).

It was well done and originated from Asia (probably China or India). It wasn't the normal program that seeks to harvest email accounts. It wanted my secure browser locations (stock trading and bank information). Good luck, this IP justs talks about early 911's. Maybe he wants an early car ? I use another IP which never uses email (or searches the intraweb) to trade and bank.

I just don't 'get' the whole virus/spam industry. Where is the revenue being generated? Does anyone ever click on a Spam eMail and then order a product or service?

Anyway, it looks like this was most likely an automated hack where a program searches out URL's and then 'analyzes' them for vulnerability. It may have been working on our site for days or weeks looking for a door that was left unlocked ....

Curt...

Asked the same question of an IT guy who was here in my office doing an up-grade.
    The spammers will sell you software to 'fix' the issue. At a cost of $40-$50, figure 5,000 people buy it...1/4 MM $'s!!! No overhead... Then, in six weeks, it shows up again, and you do it all over again!!!'

Vic

My solution for free anti-virus protection is to sign up for a free 3 month subscription to say Norton. You install it and get all the benfits and then at the end of the 3 months remove it and also clear out all the cookies and crap in the history folder under internet options. Delete all your trashbin, reboot your computer and then sign up with Macafee for a 3 month trial under a different email address. 3 months later do it all again and go back to Norton. Been working like this going on years now.

Bill
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

I've been trying for 5 years to get in
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

I don't want to turn this into another 'how do I become a member' thread. But the simple answer is to show up at local R Gruppe drives in your early 911 hotrod. Early 911 hotrods are ALWAYS welcome at drives/events, member or not. If the gruppe fits you and you fit the gruppe, an invitation will probably be extended. This is a participation club, not a pay your dues and get a cool sticker club

Update: we may have some sort of a half-a$$ed restored forum up shortly, but we need to decide on a long-term solution and that's going to take some time. Particularly with Monterey coming up.

oops

Sorry about that
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Mark...

We'll meet at the RITV in September, and I'll hook you up with the RGruppe, OK?

Vic