Thread: car starts intermittently

car starts intermittently

Hello all - I'm having this issue where every now and then the car won't start when I turn the ignition key. The battery is good, the fuel pump is working - all indication is good and then when I engage the ignition nothing happens. Sometimes I'll still have the key fully turned and all of a sudden it engages.

Once started there are no issues - car does not cut out which leads me to believe its not the key switch? Any ideas?

Cheers.

Bad ignition switch. Confirm by hooking up a jumper on the back of the ignition switch.

Actually the switch on my '68 went bad a month back...hooked up a jumper and have been starting the car that way ever since....put key in, turn to right, then touch the two wires together that peek out below the dash....look out Sanford and Son.

Ok - Thank you for your help. I'll source out a switch after confirmation although I do like the "gone in 60 seconds" hot wire theme

Similar Threads

1. This is how it starts...
    By 68911USA in forum General Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
  2. reminder..LeMans starts at 10:00am CST
    By mike walker in forum General Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 05:48 AM
  3. Odometer Works Intermittently
    By jaudette3 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1